RP employee programs for Year-round, Full-time staff include:
Personal Time Off (PTO)
Employer Matching 401k
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee merchandise discount
Employee Wellness Program/HealthJoy
Gym Membership Reimbursement
Tuition assistance/Scholarship program
Core Value Program with Core Cash… and much more!
This is a year-round, full-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Hourly wage is competitive and based upon experience and skill set. Hours vary based upon Member needs, which may occasionally include working
Royal Poinciana Golf Club is excited to announce the exciting career opportunity for an Assistant Superintendent!
The Golf Course Assistant Superintendent will assist the Golf Course Superintendent in organizing and directing daily activities of golf course operation and maintenance. Assists in turf grass and plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, scheduling/maintenance of irrigation systems and pesticide applications, preparing and adhering to annual operating budgets and developing initiatives for constant improvement in the Green and Grounds operation.
Founded in 1969, Royal Poinciana Golf Club is a private, invitation-only club with Members who have lived all over the world. RP’s two impeccably maintained 18-hole golf courses, seven Hydro Grid soft tennis courts, seven pickleball courts, elegant indoor and outside dining options, superior bridge program, and extensive social program make Membership a coveted achievement.
604 Full Golf Memberships and 420 Limited Golf and Social Memberships combined (includes member and spouse if applicable).
180 on Waitlist with an average wait time of 7-8 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes but is not limited to the following:
· Assists in the responsibility scheduling and directing the daily activities of the golf course maintenance staff.
· Assists in the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees, and wetlands on the facility grounds.
· Assists in monitoring the water usage tracking plan and irrigation systems and provides monthly reporting.
· Assists in supervising, training subordinates, and participating in the application and recording of fertilizers and pesticides on the golf courses in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
· Adjusts/repairs the irrigation system, pipes, and irrigation heads as needed.
· Occasionally supervises a small labor force for special projects and performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
· May instruct others in minor irrigation repairs.
· May assist in coordination with other departments or outside contractors.
· Performs other general grounds keeping and maintenance duties as needed and requested by supervisor.
· Assists in adhering to the operating budgets.
· Follow all company and departmental policies and procedures in a strict manner and requires the same from the rest of the staff.
· Further his/her continued development by participating in appropriate seminars and conferences as approved by the Director of Golf Course Operations.
· Exhibits proactive leadership in the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program as it applies to this department’s environmental responsibility.
· Trains employees to OSHA standards.
· Aids in construction and establishment during golf course renovation projects.
Education and/or Experience:
· Associate of Science degree is recommended or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or minimum of one - year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Prior golf and country club experience required.
· Possess or will obtain a current State of Florida, Ornamental and Turf restricted use pesticide license.
· Requires a valid Florida driver’s license.
Royal Poinciana Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. DFWP/EOE/ADA
Royal Poinciana Club – A Commitment to Excellence
Royal Poinciana Golf Club is a private, invitation-only club with 2 impeccably maintained 18-hole golf courses, 8 HydroGrid soft tennis courts, 2 pickleball courts, elegant indoor and outside dining options, a superior bridge program, and an extensive social program. As a Member-owned club, everything at RP is customized to provide our Members with the best experience possible.
Culture & RP to the Core
Royal Poinciana’s heart and soul, what truly defines our beloved Club, is its people. It’s a business where excellence is expected by and from its leadership; a home away from home where every member and employee can expect to be treated with dignity and respect; and a haven where deep friendships and lifelong memories are made and celebrated daily. Core values are the attributes and characteristics Members and employees are expected to demonstrate in their personal behavior.
Our core values are Integrity, Respect, Trust, Stewardship, Accountability, Teamwork, and Honesty.
Royal Poinciana Golf Club is a private 36-hole golf club that was established in 1969. The courses sit on 220 beautiful acres in the heart of Naples and are Audubon International Sanctuary Certified. The courses have Champion Bermuda grass greens and Celebration Bermuda on all other playing surfaces.
Royal Poinciana's heart and soul, what truly defines our beloved Club, is its people. It's a business where excellence is expected by and from its leadership; a home away from home where every Member and employee can expect to be treated with dignity and respect; and a haven where deep friendships and lifelong memories are made and celebrated daily. Core values are the attributes and characteristics Members and employees are expected to demonstrate in their personal behavior.