The Bayou Club & Bardmoor Golf and Tennis Club is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Superintendent. The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing the operations of a two 18 Hole facilities. This individual will work closely with the Superintendent to ensure that all aspects of the courses and grounds are completed correctly. The Assistant Superintendent will also be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations in the events that the Superintendent is off property. Work in conjunction with the superintendent on all golf course maintenance related items including irrigation, fertility, chemical applications, daily/weekly scheduling, associate management and development.
Must possess a EVERYTHING MATTERS mindset..
Prefer a Degree in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science or related field.
· Prefer 1-3 years of golf course maintenance experience.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to direct, motivate and evaluate team members. Spanish speaking would be helpful.
· Strong problem solving skills with ability to create timely solutions in a dynamic work environment.
· Desire to grow in order to advance in the turf management industry.
· Ability to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
· Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
· Possess Florida pesticide applicators license or have the ability to do so within 6-months of hire date. Aquatics License a plus.
· Must have knowledgeable computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.