Responsible for all aspects of the golf course maintenance, landscaping of clubhouse area and parking lot maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, scheduling/ maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. Franklin County Country Club Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests and the property.
Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
· Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
· Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
· Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, officials, employees, members and the general public.
· Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products. · Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
· Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
· Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens.
· 3-5 years’ experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
· 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
· Computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office.
Franklin County Country Club is a premier 9 hole golf course surrounded by mountains and beautiful lakes. Franklin County Country Club has a long standing tradition of family membership dating back to 1957.