· Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; to prepare clear and concise reports and to maintain effective employee and public relations.
· Must maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
· Requires performing duties with consideration to guests.
· Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be a team player and lead by example.
· Must be able to commit to hours of operation and understand that hours will fluctuate due to tournaments and special projects.
· Position requires a highly professional demeanor with members, guests and staff, adaptability, flexibility and adherence to a strict level of confidentiality.
· Requires ability to read, hear, speak, and comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions.
· Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens; the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting, cultivating, pruning and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
· Must possess a valid state driver’s license and clean MVR.
· May require current State certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
· Associate Degree or Certificates preferred.
· Requires ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
· Requires ability to stoop, bend, reach, lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
· Requires ability to safely operate equipment both mechanical and hand tools.
· Requires working in an outdoor environment with fluctuating temperatures.
· Requires working in an outdoor environment with rugged, uneven terrain.
· Requires ability to visually observe the condition of surroundings.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
· Schedule work and supervise employees and the use of equipment.
· Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment.