Seagate Country Club is located in Delray Beach, Florida. Delray Beach was voted Most Fun Small Town in America by Rand McNally and USA Today. The Country Club sits off Atlantic Avenue which is a popular destination for locals and tourists featuring great nightlife, shopping and a vibrant art district. Here at Seagate Country Club we are looking for an enthusiastic leader willing to learn and grow. This is a great entry level Assistant Superintendent position for someone looking to grow within the industry. The applicant should have the desire to become a Golf Course Superintendent in the next 2-3 years. Our team has experience and contacts around the country and will do what it takes to help you advance in your career/achieve your goals. We are underway on a full scale renovation with architect Drew Rogers and will be opening in December. The Assistant Superintendent will be heavily involved in the grow in process and will help us achieve the world class standards we have set forth for our team.
- Work with the Superintendent and Director of Agronomy to communicate daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Mentor and help develop staff in all areas. This includes equipment operations, irrigation maintenance and operation, spraying techniques and safety orientation and training.
- Interview, hire, and coach staff members as needed.
- Create a fun and effective work environment. He/she will inspire, motivate, and lead by example.
- Self motivated and exudes excellent character. He/she must be capable of running a smooth operation in the absence of the Superintendent and Director of Agronomy.
- Communicate effectively with the direct staff in regards to daily operations.
- Coordinate daily crew assignments for a bilingual crew of 25 employees.
- Responsible for the supervision and follow-up of all crew assignments.
- Monitor moisture on greens, tees, fairways, rough, and landscape including, but not limited to, the clubhouse and Tennis grounds.
- Able to calibrate all types of spreaders and sprayers. It is necessary to provide instruction to individuals using the spreaders and sprayers.
- Advises the Golf Course Superintendent on all work deficiencies and discusses proper action.
- 2-4 year degree in agronomy and/or plant or soil sciences.
- Previous experience working golf course maintenance. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge or basic understanding of the game of golf.
- High end golf course experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able/willing to acquire a Certified Pesticide Applicator for the state of Florida within 90 days of hire.
- Active member of GCSAA.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or needs of staff members and guests.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as calibration rates, proportions, percentages and volume.
- Ability to read budgets and interpret numbers.
- Ability to recognize problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to consistently lift 50 lbs.
Additional Salary Information: - Uniform allowance
- Local and national dues
- Medical, dental and vision after 90 days of employment
- golf privileges
- 401K with company match after 90 days
- Meals provided
- Vacation/sick time after 90 days