Crescent Pointe Golf Club in Bluffton, SC is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity for a hands on highly motivated Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the club managed by Metropolitan Golf Group.
-Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company
- Assist in the supervision of course construction projects, work closely with the Head Superintendent (Director of Agronomy) and other associates to constantly improve
the golf course, club grounds, and maintenance facility.
-Implement the approved maintenance plan and adhere to the budget.
- Direct and supervise the maintenance of greens, fairways, tees, sand traps, bodies
of water, roughs, maintenance shop and grounds, cart maintenance, and clubhouse
- Recruit, train, develop, and manage staff. Responsible for co-worker satisfaction.
- Schedule and supervise the daily operations of the maintenance crew.
- Create a high-performance team while maintaining a positive, safe, challenging,
enjoyable work environment.
- Assist in the supervision of pesticide application and/or operates and calibrates
pesticide application equipment.
- Interview, participate in hiring decision, train, resolve team members concerns.
Provide open communication and recommend counselling action when appropriate.
- Ensure consistency of daily opening, midshaft and closing procedures the whole
- Ensure the maintenance facility and equipment are constantly kept clean, organized and safe daily.
- Lead and guide golf course mechanics, communicate grounds team needs and
- Oversee and ensure record keeping for supplies, daily logs, application records, and weather condition records.
- Establish, maintain, promote, and enforce safety practices in accordance with, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Adhere to safety and OSHA Standard and observe safety requirements as required.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Local and national association dues.
- Golfing privileges.
- Continuing education opportunities.
Date Job is Available: May 8, 2023