Summary: WindRiver operates several different businesses including, but not limited to, real estate, club membership, hospitality, dining, events, golf, and marina management. As Golf Course Superintendent, you will work closely with the V.P. of Operations on the maintenance and management of the golf course. You will directly influence the playing areas and landscapes with which golfers interact.
- Carefully manage the maintenance put forth on the golf course while conserving and protecting natural resources.
- Plan all maintenance and project work, applying agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve standards and long-range goals.
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of construction and golf course maintenance equipment.
- Coordinate and communicate operations with the Director of Golf, V.P. of Operations, and any relevant club membership groups or committees.
- Responsible for maintaining the golf course, maintenance equipment, and grounds as specified by V.P. of Operations
- Oversee construction or renovation of such properties, whether performed by maintenance staff or outside contractors.
- Participate in all planning meetings, rendering advice, opinions, assistance, and services to the executive team as needed.
- Prepare annual budgets for maintenance and capital improvements of golf course and club areas.
- Responsible for inventory control, approving all expenditures and exercising cost control measures to keep operating and capital expenses in line with approved budget.
- Interview, hire, train, and supervise all staff for the purposes of maintaining the golf course and club properties.
- Oversee the scheduling and routing of employees and equipment to ensure proper and efficient time and personnel management.
- Keep accurate and complete records of payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, etc.
- Perform other duties as required by the business.
- Advanced knowledge of agronomy and turfgrass management practices, golf facility construction principles, and a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations.
- A high degree of administrative ability, in terms of problem solving and decision making.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to perform a wide variety of tasks during in a fast-paced environment.
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal and communication skills with staff and customers.
- Team player
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.