Job Title: Senior Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent
FLSA Category: Exempt
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience plus Relocation Assistance
Location: Big Cedar Lodge
190 Top of the Rock Road
Ridgedale, Missouri 65739
About Big Cedar Natural Golf:
Inspired by a deep desire to connect people to nature, Johnny Morris, the founder of Bass Pro Shops, has set out to create one of the greatest golf experiences in the country with 6 different golf courses, designed to incorporate the beauty of the Missouri Ozark Mountains. Big Cedar Natural Golf offers courses designed by some of the top names in golf: Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson, Gary Player, Tom Fazio, Bill Coore, and Ben Crenshaw. Big Cedar Golf is a part of Big Cedar Lodge, a remote haven of natural beauty spread out over 4,600 acres, where the golf courses and luxury amenities are tucked into the rugged landscape overlooking the sparkling Table Rock Lake.
For more information on Big Cedar Natural Golf and Big Cedar Lodge, please visit their website https://bigcedar.com/.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will be part of the leadership team responsible for the Buffalo Ridge Springs Golf Course, an 18-hole course designed by Tom Fazio and recognized as the #1 course in Missouri. This is a hands-on leadership position and will be responsible for all aspects of daily maintenance and set-up of the golf course, weekly cultural practices, fertilizer application and calibration, irrigation problem solving and repair. Responsibilities will includedeveloping daily work schedules, coordinating related activities and equipment with the staff, training, overseeing, and assisting the staff, reviewing the work on the course and supervising construction projects starting in the fall of 2023.
This is an opportunity with unlimited growth potential. With 6 different golf course designs, including warm and cold season grasses, and the ability to work with and learn from industry leaders in agronomy, a Senior Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will have the ability to grow within the organization or gain the skills, knowledge, and experience to seek opportunities elsewhere.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Leading the team in delegating and assigning daily assignments, providing guidance, training, coaching, and assistance, all while ensuring work is completed as expected and in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with the Superintendent in developing the agronomic plan and budget for the course, and leading in the implementation and oversight of the agronomic plan and budget.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending corrective action for agronomic problem areas, including funguses, pest, and drainage issues.
- Leading, overseeing, and assisting in the daily set-up and maintenance of the golf course, including routine golf course maintenance, chemical applications, and equipment operations.
- Inspecting irrigation systems and identifying issues in order to implement corrective action.
- Recommending, evaluating, planning, and leading long-term and short-term projects related to renovations, repairs, and maintenance of the course.
- Assisting in the training of new and existing staff in golf course set-up and maintenance, equipment operations, safety procedures, and the expectations of the Club.
- Educating and ensuring the team is trained in and following safe work practices and that maintenance facilities and equipment are safe, clean, and organized.