OVERVIEW: TPC Prestancia is excited to announce the opportunity to join our team as the Stadium Course Superintendent.
Part of the Legendary Tournament Players Club Network, TPC Prestancia was created in 1985 with attention to aesthetics and balance to host the PGA Senior Tour. Frequented by golf greats Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Lee Trevino, and Chi Chi Rodriguez, TPC Prestancia has hosted eight (8) Chrysler Cup Tournaments and five (5) American Express Invitational Championships.
The Championship Stadium Course was inspired by TPC Sawgrass, allowing for gallery viewing along the hills lining the expansive fairways. Designed by Ron Garl and TOUR Player Mike Souchak the Stadium Course plays 6,941 yards from the tips rewarding shot making more than length. Formerly part of The Country Club of Sarasota, the Players Course was designed by the legendary golf architect, Robert Von Hagge.
Part of Palmer Ranch, one of the most successful master planned green space communities on Florida's West Coast, privately gated TPC Prestancia is the community hub of its fourteen exclusive residential communities. Palmer Ranch is centrally located and contains distinguished sports, pools, health, and fitness facilities along with the most desired school district, all within a 10 minute drive of the Club.
In 2022, the club underwent a Short Game renovation that included 3 - Champion bermuda greens, bunkers, and Celebration bermuda fairways and rough. The Players course regrassed Tees and Fairways to Celebration and the Rough to 419 bermuda. Better Billy Bunkers were also installed on the Players course. The Stadium course will be receiving a new pump station in 2023 and renovation talks are in the process for the next few years.
POSITION: TPC Prestancia is looking for a Golf Course Superintendents to lead our team on the Stadium course. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be passionate about working in the golf industry, have a solid work history, and the desire to advance in the business. The essential duties of the Golf Course Superintendent will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interacts closely with Director of Agronomy, GM, and Director of Golf to ensure member expectations are met and exceeded.
- Aids in the development and implementation of an agronomic plan for Champion bermuda greens, celebration tees and fairways, and 419 rough.
- Purchasing of chemicals, fertilizer, irrigation parts, etc.
- Proper calibration and recording keeping for all fertilizer and pesticide applications
- Develops standard operating procedures for safe and efficient equipment operation
- Creates a healthy and safe work environment
- Monitors and adjusts irrigation utilizing the Toro Lynx software
- Develops and monitors the monthly and yearly budget in conjunction with the DOA
JOB REQUIREMENTS: The candidate must be physically suited to work in a golf course maintenance environment which includes but not limited to the following:
- Work weekdays, weekends, and holidays as required
- Work in harsh, South Florida environmental conditions
- The ability to lift 50 - lbs regularly
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree.
- A certificate, 2- or 4-year degree in Turfgrass Science or a related field.
- Strong work history with continued growth in the industry.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Florida pesticide applicator license for Turf and Ornamental in the first 60 days
- Spanish language skills are a benefit but not required.
- Computer skills are a benefit but not required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $65k + DOE
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid holidays
- Local and National GCSAA dues paid
- Continuing Education and seminars paid
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Luke Ferin, Director of Agronomy, firstname.lastname@example.org