Bent Creek Country Club is in search of an eager and passionate individual to add to their golf course maintenance team as an 2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
It is our goal to provide a complete range of support facilities that comprise a family-oriented, prestigious country club. In 2019, the Club consulted and hired architect, Mr. Andrew Green, to create a comprehensive long-term Master Plan addressing all facets of the golf course grounds including playing surfaces, practice area, bunkers, irrigation system, storm retention basins, and cart paths. Renovations are scheduled to begin in 2023.
Success traits of individual:
- Seeking a position that will build leadership and managerial skills as well as strengthen their agronomic experience in hopes of becoming a Golf Course Superintendent.
- Effective communicator with management, staff, and other departments
- Strong attention to quality and detail
- Possess the attitude to lead staff, schedule assignments, and operate equipment
- Plan, schedule, and direct agronomic practices through Task Tracker discussed with Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent.
- Initiate safety training of current and new staff
- Train, support, and encourage staff through positive interaction to create effective working relationship
- Establish Social Media presence and daily course updates for membership, documenting agronomic and golf course maintenance practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, and direct agronomic practices through Task Tracker discussed with Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent
- Directly manage staff on a rotational schedule with Assistant Superintendent
- Proactively support and communicate with Equipment Manager
- Proactively support and communicate with Golf Shop staff
- Attain PA Pesticide Certification within 90 days of hire date to safely apply pesticides and fertilizers through properly calibrated equipment
- Complete course setup changing hole locations and tee service
- Complete hand watering of playing surfaces including irrigation scheduling and programming
- Calibrate and mix fertigation materials when needed
- Purchase and schedule delivery of golf course supplies
- Oversee maintenance of Clubhouse grounds while supporting horticulturist
- Ability to complete online record keeping and payroll adjustment/approval
- Recruit and interview seasonal help
- Desire to attend educational seminars or online classes to remain progressive within the industry
- Active pursuit of Turfgrass Science education preferred or 2+ years golf course management or landscaping experience
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license
- Must pass a physical and background check
- Applicants must be assertive, ambitious, highly organized, and neat
Bent Creek Country Club was built in 1992 by the late renowned architect Jay Morrish. Nestled in the middle of Lancaster County, we provide our members with a first-class golf country club that is maintained on a day-to-day basis with championship turf conditions as well as the highest level of tennis, swimming, and dining facilities.
To learn more, please visit our website: bentcreekcc.com