Green Oaks Country Club is currently looking for an energetic, self-driven team player to join the management team as an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
Why Green Oaks Country Club:
- Enjoys working on a classic, Golden-Age design golf course with an emphasis on teamwork, camaraderie and professional development.
- Participation in future bunker renovation, currently working on fairway expansions, and potential green expansions in future.
- Assist in the completion, implementation and usage of our new Toro irrigation system
- Family-oriented environment, which encourages positive relationships with the management team and daily interaction with members.
- Multiple in house course construction initiatives (tees, bunkers, nurseries, target greens, slated for future
Success Traits of Individual:
- Motivated, eager to learn, inquisitive, detail oriented, and focused on time management.
- Thorough and takes pride in delivering high-quality products
- Wants to be a part of a team environment, but is comfortable working in an independent manner in their area of expertise.
- Communication with Spanish speaking staff, don’t have to speak Spanish but understand need to communicate with them.
- Comfortable working with tenured and experienced staff that has a high understanding of the job tasks and responsibilities.
- Highly responsive, thrive in and help contribute in a culture that values efficiency and detailed work.
- Ability to work with tenured superintendent and qualified assistant to progress towards becoming a superintendent.
- Plays golf or at the very least understands the game of golf.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- A typical schedule: April-Oct 50+ hours per week, 8-10 hours weekdays, 5-8 hours weekends depending on weather with 1 day off on weekend or alternating weekends with other assistant.
- Early spring and late fall depends on projects going on. Winter typically 40 hours per week, with some snow removal duties on occasional weekends.
- Cooperative management and oversight in regards to course maintenance, landscape maintenance, course construction projects
- Capable of operating all golf course maintenance equipment, and proficient in the application on greens, tees, fairways, roughs and other areas
- Will be actively involved in chemical, fertilizer and water management programs
- Purchasing responsibility, inventory control and will assist in budget management preparations
- Trains and coaches employees to execute daily operations.
- Preferred 2-years in a managerial role
- Certificate, Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 1-2 years previous Assistant experience is preferred, but willing to take someone with 2+ years of course experience and a desire to make this a career.
- Tree removal experience a plus (50% complete with long term removal plan)
A magnificent Donald Ross Designed 18-hole, Par-71 Golf Course. A+ Practice Facilities, Outdoor Tennis, Jr. Olympic Size Swimming Pool, Events, Indoor and Outdoor Dining, Junior Leagues, Private Instruction and Ladies Golf Association.
Green Oaks maintains some of the best greens in Western Pennsylvania year after year.
After a 1982 U.S. Open Qualifier, future Masters Champion Ben Crenshaw stepped off of the 18th green and stated “playing here was like playing in heaven.”
Members at Green Oaks Golf and Country Club have access to our practice facilities that include our 10-acre driving range, short game and bunker area, and two chipping and putting greens.