Union League Liberty Hill located in Lafayette Hill, PA is looking to mentor and advance a self-driven professional within our unique culture and agronomy team as an Assistant Superintendent.
Union League Liberty Hill is an expansive property offering a variety of amenities. The Club features an 18-hole Gary Player designed golf course that sprawls across the 311-acre grounds. A modern design features large fairways and greens with scenic views and beautiful water features near the clubhouse. The golf course is complemented by a two-tiered driving range newly equipped with Trackman Range.
WHAT CAN UNION LEAGUE LIBERTY HILL DO FOR YOU?
- Build your network and professional skills as the country's #1 city club and industry leader in all club, hospitality and golf operations.
- Provide a premier learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities, programs and mentorship, as the average tenure of a Union League employee is 18 years.
- Integrate into a team culture that is based on professional development, creativity, innovation and trust across all departments.
- Learn the ins and outs of a modern-day championship golf course with USGA-spec putting greens, bentgrass playing surfaces.
- Accelerate your career advancement in a fast-paced environment that caters to world-class member experiences with over 4,000 members.
- Provide growth opportunities as The Union League of Philadelphia has devised a 10-year master plan to invest more than $100 million into facilities.
INITIAL PRIORITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Develops and supervises the work schedules of all grounds staff on a daily basis. Scopes projects and assigns work teams. Monitors work progress and quality at regular intervals.
Assists with the planning, construction and maintenance of tees greens and fairways, as well as other grounds and landscaped areas. Supervises and participates in turfgrass maintenance including mowing, applying chemicals, seeding and irrigation. Supervises the planting, cultivation, pruning and caring for all trees, shrubs and plants. Monitors the activity of the landscape foreman.
Provides research and support for the preparation of budgets, capital projects, and overall grounds and landscape plans.
- Participates in administrative and human resource functions for staff including interviewing, and training. Develops, manages and directs a specific training program for all grounds equipment operators.
- Directs and controls the operation and maintenance of all grounds equipment, vehicles and the automatic irrigation system. Monitors the activity of the mechanic and irrigation specialist.
- Enforces appropriate safety regulations with regard to equipment operation and chemical application. Maintains appropriate licenses and certifications as required by law. Maintains accurate records.
- Supervises and performs the removal of snow and ice and other off-season roadway repairs and maintenance projects.
- Assumes other duties as requested by the Superintendent or Management.
- Associate degree in agronomy, landscaping or related areas
- Three to five years’ experience in turfgrass management or landscaping.
- Must be licensed by all local and state authorities with regard to the application of pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, etc. or able to get license within 60 days of hire
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of vehicle and irrigation systems maintenance procedures.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Some knowledge of the Spanish language
The Union League of Philadelphia, founded in 1862 as a patriotic society to support the Union, entered into the world of golf in 2014 with the purchase of The Union League Golf Club at Torresdale, formerly Torresdale-Frankford Country Club. In 2018, following overwhelming positive reception from the membership, the League decided to expand the footprint of golf to the Jersey Shore by purchasing Union League National Golf Club, formerly Sand Barrens Golf Club. Ever expanding, in 2021 the League purchased Union League Liberty Hill, formerly the Ace Club and Conference Center. With three unique properties, the League is committed to offering our members an unparalleled golf experience through diverse programming and exceptional amenities.