Elizabethton Golf Club is excited to announce an exceptional career opportunity for a Golf Course Superintendent.
Elizabethton Golf Club is nestled in the rolling hills overlooking the west end of Elizabethton. The par 72 Golf Course is a 6,470 yard gem offering golf for all levels of play. The club has a fully stocked Pro Shop and ample practice facilities.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
The is a full-time salaried position with medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k with company match, cell phone reimbursement, and paid time off.
Our Culture and Values provides Team Members with a rewarding lifestyle and work/life balance.
The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for agronomic management and daily maintenance of the golf course, clubhouse grounds and common areas as directed by management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitors weekly schedule for maintenance team and submits schedules to the Director of Golf GM. Keeps accurate payroll records and monitors payroll to minimize employee costs, while meeting the goals of the facility.
- Responsible for requisitioning, interviewing and screening potential employees, eventually hiring, orientation, training (responsibilities, safety, accuracy, quality workmanship, preventive maintenance, course etiquette and member relations)and monitoring 90 day probationary periods and daily employee performance. All necessary forms must be completed and submitted before employees begin work.
- Responsible for documenting performance during the 90 day probation period, annual proficiency, on-going training and informational meetings with team.
- Responsible for documenting cause for dismissal and when supported by the payroll company and the Director of Golf GM, terminating any employees.
- Develops and proposes maintenance budgets for the golf course, club house grounds, village center grounds and common areas, while operating within the established financial boundaries.
- Establish and administer safety programs, while monitoring the employee’s adherence to safety procedures.
- Ensure compliance with operating guidelines pertaining to state and federal laws, along with government rules, regulations and licenses.
- Establishes standards and supervises technical work such as pesticides, fertilization, irrigation and equipment maintenance. Maintains written records including chemical purchase & application logs, irrigation notebooks, machine repair file and weather data. Monitor and ensure adherence to safety regulations pertaining to storage and application of chemicals.
- Determine equipment and supply requirements for the maintenance operation and maintain inventory records, costs, utilization and performance and/or life span of equipment. Responsible to ensure the organization, security and cleanliness of the maintenance building, inventory and equipment.
- Establish standards and maintain cleanliness of the maintenance building.
- Establish employee uniforms policy, ensuring employees wear clean uniforms and name tags.
- Responsible to provide capital improvements for the property to achieve the facilities maintenance standards and long-range goals.
- Schedules, inspects, evaluates and maintain the entire golf course, clubhouse and village center grounds common areas and personnel performance on a daily basis.
- Coordinates golf and maintenance activities with the golf professional in an attempt to maximize golf course play without disturbing maintenance projects.
- Rendering professional advice, opinions, assistance and services to the Director of Golf GM and Greens Chairman as required.
- Promotes owner, management and member and guest satisfaction by professionally, courteously and diplomatically communicating activities, goals, plans, while receiving input in the same manner.
- Display telephone etiquette by answer and returning phone calls in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Attends weekly executive employee meetings as required. Conducts weekly employee meetings for systematic communications in regard to the operation. Provide written information for member newsletters.
- Annually prepares a full facility written inventory and video records the building and contents for Insurance purposes.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; irrigation systems, including wells, pumps, and automatic controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
- A member of the Golf Course Superintendents Association