The position will be responsible for the supervision and oversight of multiple staff members and teams performing various landscape maintenance services for the Property Owners Association. A great eye for detail and a proactive, cost effective approach to providing quality services to the members is expected. Regular, friendly and clear communication with the members/residents is required. If you have exemplary member service skills, strong leadership abilities, and the desire to be part of a dynamic team environment, then we would like to talk to you.
Assistant Director of Landscape Operations is responsible for maintaining the Quail Ridge POA landscape and grounds to reflect the ideals and intent of the Quail Ridge members and management. Supports Director of Landscape Operations in all daily and management functions. This position manages staff and horticulturist program, budget, programs, equipment and facilities and oversees community landscape and horticultural function.
- Manage and coordinate horticultural functions of the community.
- Supervise, instruct and plan activities and projects by staff of 40+ employees.
- Oversees the maintenance of the plantings, trees, lawns, sidewalks, perimeter hedge and green space comprised of nearly 600 acres.
- Manage landscape and horticultural staff members including: supervising, payroll recording, setting departmental procedures and policies consistent with QR POA policies, overseeing daily operations.
- Completing plant surveys for each condominium area each year, working closely with each area's representative.
- Responsible for service calls to membership. Solve landscape problems and document with paperwork.
- Completing landscape applications for landscape improvements or changes.
- Perform monthly inspections of Amenities and Common areas (Club house, Fitness, Tennis, Administration, North Gate and South Gate). Develop action plans and report at weekly staff meetings progress and status.
- Design and re-designing the landscape for residences and amenities including marketing and promotion of all services.
- Design and re-designing the landscape seasonal flowers for all residences, communities and amenities including marketing and promotion of all services.
- Assist in updating and cataloging the seasonal flower master plan in common areas, communities and amenities.
- Review and offer alternative recommendations of all plant material - trees, shrubs, annuals and sod.
- Perform a variety of administrative/office functions within landscape department as needed.
- Coordinate all work with the Director of Landscape Operations Manager in an efficient and timely manner, as well as, follow all protocol in specifying, bidding and planning work.
- Works in synergy with Director of Landscape Operations and Director of Agronomy in over-lapping areas. Ex. (Clubhouse, Common areas, and Special Projects).
- Prepares bills and work orders for the accounting department for services provided to the membership.
- Manage and supervise work with outside companies to assist with horticulture duties and projects for completion.
- Follow up with vendors as needed, i.e.: negotiate pricing, research, comparisons, pricing, inventory, deliveries, etc... to ensure services are performed/completed.
- Assist in plant inventory, tagging and care of holding yard.
- Review and monitors all existing plantings within the community including specifications and design.
- Plan and follow a fiscal budget for operations, personnel, capital and special projects expenditures.
- Plan, design, and carry out landscape plantings and landscape projects coordinated with the POA landscape committee. This includes purchasing materials, coordinating and scheduling with consultants and contractors and reviewing bids for presentation to Director of Landscape Operations, Landscape Committee and GM.
- Regular evaluations of arboriculture needs as to general health of trees and safety of the residents are to be made.
- Plan, consult and assist with other Director regarding capital needs.
- Order plant materials and supplies including fertilizer and pesticides to maintain the integrity of the property's landscape. Develop and coordinate contractor time tables for installations.
- Meet with department staff at regular meetings to exchange information and coordinate activities to maximize capital.
- Write reports, planning documents, and newsletter articles as needed.
- Coordinate horticulture responsibilities for special events.
- Complete accessibility for homeowners requests, concerns and complaints.
- Responsible for monthly work orders and billings to homeowners for plantings, tree work and irrigation projects within defined areas.
- Works with the Human Resources Department concerning all employees discipline, evaluations, onboarding, interviewing, hiring, terminations, safety training and other related personnel concerns and procedures.
- Prepare, review, and submit time cards/time records to payroll/HR for department.
- Training of new and existing employees: job function, equipment operation, safety requirements, safety training, guest service standards and departmental information.
- Schedules and conducts safety and staff meetings.
- Perform any other duties/tasks that is required, assigned, and/or directed by management.