We are Invited.
At Invited, work feels like play, as you build relationships with your team and meet Members from all different backgrounds. Every time you step foot in your Club, you can create magic moments and enrich lives. So, join us and be a part of a fun, fast-paced, high-impact group of talented people. We are passionate about bringing people together and about bringing out the very best in life.
Invited reflects our proud history of inclusiveness and captures our welcoming spirit. Our unprecedented collection of more than 200 golf and country, city, and stadium clubs share a common goal- building relationships and enriching lives. The time has come to build on our traditions and write new chapters. We welcome you to join us.
Invited. Where You Belong.
Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio
Tradition. Beauty. History.
Firestone Country Club is one of golf’s most timeless destinations. 54 legendary holes of golf, spacious overnight accommodations, friendly and professional staff, and outstanding cuisine make for the ultimate golf and country club experience.Firestone Country Club is home to three of the most renowned golf courses in the country, quietly tucked away in Akron, Ohio. Every corner of Firestone carries the presence of incredible golf history, from the first tournament hosted in 1954 to the PGA and PGA Tour Champions' long-standing relationship with the Club.
The First Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will share the responsibility for the North Course, one of three private courses at Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio. The North Course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. and opened in 1969. The assistant superintendent will work closely with North Course Superintendent and the Director of Golf Course Operations.
The First Assistant Superintendent is responsible for golf course maintenance operations, and staff under the leadership of the Golf Course Superintendent to ensure healthy growth of the golf course and clubhouse grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. The duties include assessing and providing guidance and expertise to maintain rigorous industry and environmental standards in turf quality, including use of specialized knowledge in various fields of agronomy and horticulture.
- Train and Implement Procedures for Golf Course Maintenance Staff
- Perform Chemical and Fertilizer applications
- Daily water management of Practices Greens, Tees, and Fairways
- Daily evaluation of turf for wear, disease, moisture, cut quality, growth rate, etc.
- Ensure all company policies, standards of operations, manuals, standards of conduct, safety rules, and policies against harassment are strictly followed by all staff and member/guests (including prompt intervention, investigation, and documentation).
- Determine appropriate personnel action (counseling, written warnings, suspension or termination) in the event of performance, attendance problems or violations of company policies coordinate with Human Resources, Legal, and Senior Management as necessary.
- Assign and develop work-efficient schedules to meet staffing needs of Golf Operations and as warranted, recruit and hire staff to provide superior level of member services.
- Effective communication with staff, members, and Senior Management.