Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of management principles & practices
• Knowledge of methods used for maintenance and construction of a golf course.
• Knowledge of the game of golf
• Knowledge of all materials and techniques used in the construction and
maintenance of a golf course.
• Knowledge of all safety procedures, rules and regulations
• Knowledge of budgeting practices
• Knowledge of employee management principles and practices
• Knowledge of problem resolution techniques
• Skill in operating all specialized golf course equipment, sprayers, fertilization
equipment, computerized irrigation system, radio, telephone, computer, general
office equipment and supplies, and motor vehicles.
• Ability to plan, train, supervise and delegate all tasks necessary for the
maintenance of the golf course.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally will all supervisors
and golf course personnel.
• Ability to accurately complete forms as required.
• Ability to obtain and maintain state pesticide application licenses.
o Degree in agronomy, horticulture, turf management or related field preferred.
o A minimum of three years related golf course experience, including supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
o Continuing education of modern turf management practices to keep abreast of new developments in programs, practices and equipment.
o Demonstrated management, communication and organization skills.
o Willing to work irregular hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. This will include tournament and special events.
Email resume to the Clubhouse Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org