Under general supervision, the Mechanic repairs all equipment associated with course maintenance department. Responsibilities also include planning and implementing a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment, training staff in safe use and proper care and maintenance of assigned equipment and advising the Superintendent regarding major equipment failures and/or replacement needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Capable of organizing and performing routine maintenance on all equipment
- Diagnose issues with equipment and find cost-effective solutions
- Assist with machine operation on an as-needed basis
- Work a flexible schedule based on equipment needs during the golf season
- Inspect equipment for operating deficiencies. Repair and adjust equipment as needed.
- Lubricate and service all course maintenance equipment as necessary.
- Maintain service, repair, and usage records on all equipment.
- Establish safety procedures and maintain safety records for equipment operation.
- Demonstrate to staff the use of new equipment and train in safe operation and proper care and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Plan and implement a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Advise the Superintendent regarding major equipment failures and/or replacement needs.
- Perform general overhauls for equipment as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Greens mowers, rotary mowers, flymos, gang mowers, tri-plex mowers, vertical mowers, line trimmers, edgers, utility vehicles, back-pack blowers, portable pumps, aerifiers, spikers, mechanical top dressers, sod cutters, mechanical bunker rakes, tractors, sweepers, blades, loaders, backhoes, trenchers, chain saws, and miscellaneous hand tools.