The Golf Course Superintendent should be a proven leader in the industry. They will be responsible for the following: the planning and implementation of the budget; development and implementation of agronomic plans; hiring, training, and supervision of the maintenance team; all while being constantly focused on providing consistent playing conditions. The selected individual will join our team and play a major role in enhancing our property, its staff, and its excellent reputation. The individual should be positive, self-motivated, hard-working, team-oriented, and possess a keen eye for detail.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, General Manager to efficiently maintain Cloverbank Country Club Property to expected standards.
- Oversee and direct all operations of the golf course maintenance department and all members of the turf maintenance team.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved with high efficiency.
- Assist General Manger in developing the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to club operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Ensure all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards are being followed including but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair area, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunchroom areas, restrooms, etc.
- Supervise and perform various maintenance duties as necessary to maintain the golf course in proper playing conditions according to club standards.
- Supervise and lead course construction projects
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Monitor soil moisture levels and manage or oversee daily irrigation practices and scheduling to ensure optimal levels of soil moisture for playability and turf health.
- Perform routine inspection and upkeep of the irrigation system including changes and repairs, as necessary.
- Develop and implement programs, including fertility, integrated pest management, and cultural practice programs, among others to maintain turf grass health and ensure the courses are being presented at the desired level of conditioning.
- Perform application equipment calibration along with overseeing or making the fertilizer and pesticide applications as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, all rules and regulations relating to chemical and fertilizer application, storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Management of employment activities for golf course maintenance team members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, training, performance evaluations, discipline, and terminations, etc.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to departmental activities including, but not limited to labor schedules, course maintenance programs and activities, construction activities, equipment inventory and repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
- Submit all required operational, financial, budgetary, and related reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain necessary inventories and complete all necessary forms and coding processes.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Coordinates winter maintenance activities when necessary, including but not limited to: irrigation system blowout and snow plowing/blowing/shoveling.