GreatLIFE Golf is one of the largest Golf Course Ownership / Management Companies in the country with over 50 golf courses in multiple states. If you’re looking for a fun and casual career in sports and entertainment, this may be the position for you! Feel free to check out our website for more information about who we are as a company and what services we offer to evaluate if your values match ours!
We are seeking a full time, salaried Golf Course Assistant Superintendent to join our team at Blue Springs Golf Club. This position will come with a full benefits package to include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage as well as Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay. Please see a general job description below and should you feel your knowledge, education and experience could be a match, apply today!
Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 annually based on education and experience
Job Descriptions: Oversees the maintenance and construction of the 18 hole golf course and ensures that turf grass is repaired and maintained to established standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the Superintendent to ensure that annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
- Ensures all grounds and course maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course.
- Records all maintenance on course.
- Assists superintendent in preparing annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Maintains course in proper playing condition.
- Ensures all associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state and federal regulations.
- Communicates as necessary with other departments to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans and scheduled events.
- Assists with snow removal.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance
- Regular & reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associates degree (AA) or equivalent form a two year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience. Degree preference in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks and is frequently able to lift 50 pounds of weight through the work day and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds. Employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards. Work extended hours during golf season.
Please Note: The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a comprehensive Background Check as a condition of employment.