GreatLIFE Golf is one of the largest Golf Course Ownership / Management Companies in the country with over 50 golf courses in multiple states. If you’re looking for a fun and casual career in sports and entertainment, this may be the position for you! Feel free to check out our website for more information about who we are as a company and what services we offer to evaluate if your values match ours!
Orange Lake Golf located in beautiful Kissimmee, FL is seeking a full time, salaried Golf Course Superintendent to join our team. This position will come with a full benefits package to include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage as well as generous Paid Time Off policy and Holiday Pay. Please see a general job description below and should you feel your knowledge, education and experience could be a match, apply today!
Salary: $60,000 to $70,000 annually based on education and experience
Manages and maintains all aspects of agronomy for the golf course, property, and club house grounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and manage BMP’s for the golf course, property and club houses grounds.
- Responsible for building annual agronomic budget. Develop a sound 12-month agronomic plan, labor plan, and operational budget.
- Demonstrate proactive and effective communication skills. Written and Oral.
- Develop and maintain long-range equipment replacement and infrastructure improvement plan.
- Implement and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members and guests on course in compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Ensure that chemicals, fertilizers, and other control products are used, stored, and disposed of in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Ensure proper record keeping of all chemical and fertilizer applications.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage a strong property maintenance team. Ensure team is cross-trained in all facets of operation.
- Develop and implement staff development programs.
- Effectively communicate and work with other department heads on scheduled events, maintenance plans, and current conditions of golf course.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working condition, proactive with preventative maintenance, and ensure maintenance logs are kept organized and up to date.
- Ensure irrigation system is maintained in good working condition, leaks are repaired in a timely manner, and irrigation sprinklers are kept level.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines, present strong administrative skills with submissions of invoices and inventory counts in timely manner, and present strong record keeping, organizational skills.
- Attend turf conferences, equipment shows, workshops, and other educational programs to maintain a current knowledge of technical and turf innovations, and changes that could affect the department’s operations.
- Develop, implement, and ensure all golf course construction projects completed on time and within budget.
Bachelor’s degree (BS),Associates degree (AA) or equivalent form a four or two year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience. Degree preference in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks and is frequently able to lift 50 pounds of weight through the work day and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds. Employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards. Work extended hours during golf season.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please Note: The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a comprehensive Background Check as a condition of employment.