Wilmington Country Club Grounds Department maintains a strong team centric atmosphere. This position will work with our existing irrigation technician of 30 years to maintain the network and ready for a campus wide installation beginning in 2024. The Club’s property encompasses 345 acres, consisting of 36-holes of golf and practice areas; racquets amenities with clay courts, grass courts, hard courts, paddle courts and squash courts.
The South Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. in 1959 and renovated by Andrew Green in 2020, has played host to a number of USGA and national amateur championships. Most recently, the club hosted the penultimate tournament for the PGA TOUR, the 2022 BMW Championship.
The North Course, designed by Dick Wilson in 1961, will undergo a renovation by Andrew Green in late 2024 that will include a property wide irrigation installation. Once completed, the new layout will host dual championships in concert with the South Course.
We consistently look to add individuals with a deep rooted passion for our team’s growth towards our shared goals of success. With this mindset, we offer an environment of learning and supportiveness, strengthened not only by our professionals throughout the Club, but also the network of 1500 members to aid your career path.
Wilmington Country Club is looking for an Irrigation Technician to join the agronomy team. The Irrigation Technician will work closely with the golf course superintendents, assistant superintendents, and will report directly to the Director of Golf Courses and Grounds.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Small project development and execution, such as, winterization of overall system.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair communication satellites and piping network.
- Maintain and organize inventories using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Program periodic watering cycles based upon course superintendents’ directives.
- Maintain various pumping systems and their maintenance schedules.
- Regularly audit sprinkler operation.
- Small project development and execution, to include drainage installation.
- Install and winterize potable water fountains.
- Understand operation of all equipment to train our team utilizing our SOPs.