Pensacola Country Club Assistant in Training
Pensacola Country Club was founded in 1902 and is the oldest private club in Florida. It is an 18-hole private course designed by L. Hilton-Green and F.W. Marsh and redesigned by Jerry Pate in 2006 with over 600 members. PCC hosted the Pensacola Open from 1958-1977.The greens are TifEagle bermudagrass, and fairways, tees, and rough are 419 bermudagrass.
The Assistant in Training position at Pensacola CC is for an individual who has the goal of becoming a Head Golf Course Superintendent. We are looking for a person with a high character, strong work ethic, and a good attitude, who is committed to building a positive culture. In return, we will meet that person where they are in their development and cater a personal program for them to ensure that they are growing towards their own professional goals. This often involves exposure to chemical and fertilizer applications, irrigation and drainage work, equipment maintenance, and leading smaller teams. Candidates have access to management staff who have worked on premiere courses such as Southern Hills Country Club, Seagate Country Club, Quail Hollow Club, and Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club.
Assistant In Training Responsibilities:
- Oversee, develop, and teach crew members
- Oversee and coordinate projects (drainage, irrigation update, bunker rejuvenation, etc.)
- Integral member in greens management (water management, development and execution of agronomic program, execution of more demanding/critical tasks)
- Develop agronomic plan and budget for operations and capital
- Candidate must be passionately pursuing a career as a Golf Course Superintendent
- Candidate should have a two- or four-year degree and solid agronomic background
- Strong practical experience is a plus
- Capable of becoming a certified applicator in the state of Florida
- Total rounds 22,000
- 3 acres of Tif Eagle ultradwarf bermudagrass greens
- 110 acres of tifway 419 bermudagrass fairways, approaches, and tees
- 63 Bunkers
- 1 acre of titanium paspalum
- Predominantly Toro
- Toro Osmac irrigation
Assistant in Training will initially be paid $15-$18/hr depending on experience (with clear opportunities for raises) and will receive paid annual vacation and sick leave, GCSAA membership dues, lunches, 401 (k); golfing privileges, uniforms, and facility will pay for expenses associated with interviewing (i.e., travel, room, and board).
Interested applicants should send cover letters and resumes to:
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent