Sand Valley Golf Resort is a continuation of Mike Keiser’s mission (Bandon Dunes Founder) to bring “Golf As It Was Meant To Be” to the U.S. Located in central Wisconsin, Sand Valley is situated on over 1,700 acres of massive, tumbling native sand dunes and unique heathland vegetation. Sand Valley Golf Resort features 3 distinct golf courses: Sand Valley, by design team Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, opened May 2017 and was awarded “Best New Course You Can Play-2017” by Golf Magazine. Mammoth Dunes by David Kidd opened early summer 2018 and was awarded “The Best New Course of 2018”. The Sandbox is a 17-hole par-3 course designed by Coore & Crenshaw and was named “Best New Short Course- 2018”. In addition to the golf courses, Sand Valley also has a grass tennis complex consisting of 9 courts.
Sand Valley provides a working environment where interns are executing the skills they study in school. We are committed to exceeding guest expectations, along with our fast-paced environment interns are pushed to learn and succeed every day on the job. Students who participate in the Sand Valley internship program should expect to have a world class learning experience. Continued education that goes beyond the classroom. Our program is designed to provide you with a practical account of all aspects of golf course maintenance and management skills including but not limited to:
- Participate with small construction and grow- in projects
- Aquatic maintenance of lakes and ponds
- Toro Lynx central control training
- Fertilizer/pesticide application, calibration and record keeping
- Management of small crews for various projects
- Turfgrass cultural practices (mowing, verticutting, topdressing, aerifying, rolling, etc…)
- Management of fine fescue fairways
- Water Management/Irrigation
- Management and restoration of natural areas/sand barrens. Natural bunker maintenance
- Exposure to minimalist maintenance approach producing firm and fast conditions
- Maintenance and daily setup of grass tennis courts
Tour of the Toro Company Manufacturing facility in Tomah, with education to include Toro's approach to the future of technology.
The Bernhard Company- reel technology seminar with the training of grinding techniques
The internship includes free housing, discounted dining, playing privileges on all 3 courses, grass tennis courts, bocce ball, fat tire biking, hiking trails, uniforms provided, discounts in the Pro Shop, monthly barbeques as well as other group appreciation events/outings. Employee meals provided, free Coca-Cola products.