Kings Gate Golf Club, a semi-private Golf Club located in Port Charlotte, FL, is hiring a Mechanic to join our team!
Pay: $20 - $23
Full-time team members will qualify for medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k with company match and paid time off.
Our Culture and Values provides Team Members with a rewarding lifestyle and work/life balance.
Responsible for all equipment maintenance including repair, sharpening, and grinding, preventative maintenance, parts purchasing, and record keeping. Communicate and advise the Superintendent regarding equipment purchasing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement ongoing preventive maintenance programs and care for all equipment and maintains accurate progress records.
- Notify Superintendent of any equipment abuse.
- Responsible for repairing all maintenance equipment according to the specifications and highest professional standards particular to each item. Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in diesel, electric and gasoline powered automobiles, trucks, sweepers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment.
- Utility work including sharpening blades, disassembles motors and performs general overhauling, grinds valves, repairs transmissions, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, steering systems, starters, generators, universal joints, hydraulic systems, high pressured pumps and valves, install breaks, batteries, tires, wiring and glass and welding work.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Machine Repair File on each machine and daily mechanic work orders.
- Security of parts, equipment, and tools stored in the repair shop. In addition, keeps accurate inventory of all parts and other valuable items of equipment in the maintenance building.
- Order fuels, lubricants, and repair parts through the purchase order system and with the approval of the Superintendent.
- Assist and make recommendations to the Superintendent on the purchase of equipment.
- Maintain a clean golf course and maintenance complex.
- Assist Superintendent and in designing and implementing safety rules for equipment operators and general team members.
- Always demonstrate courtesy to all Members and guests