The Equipment/Shop Manager is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and keeping in good working order all the Club’s landscape and golf course maintenance equipment and minor repairs on all maintenance buildings and structures.
· Establish and implement preventive maintenance programs for all equipment on inventory in the golf maintenance operation.
· Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all golf maintenance equipment
· Maintain the mechanics work area and company tools in a clean, well-organized, safe and secure manner.
· Utility work including sharpening reels and bed-knifes, disassembling motors and performing general overhauling (grinds valves, repairs transmissions, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, steering systems, starters, generators, universal joints, hydraulic systems, high pressured pumps and valves, install breaks, batteries, tires, wiring and glass and welding work).
· Must follow and adhere to all Club/Employee policies, safety and environmental standards as set forth by the company & federal, state and local laws.
· Will be responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels of petroleum products, replacement parts, shop supplies and required recordkeeping.
· Will be responsible for the storage and removal of waste oils and other hazardous materials.
· Notifies Superintendent of any equipment abuse.
· Must be able to multi task and prioritize duties.