Interlachen Country Club is seeking an Assistant Superintendent to lead our Golf Course and Grounds Team. The Assistant Superintendent joins a management team responsible for growing our team by mentoring and coaching our Golf Course and Grounds Team members. They lead by collaborating with leaders and team members, bringing new and creative ideas to life, and driving quality and consistency in all areas of our operations.
We believe in serving from the heart. We are looking for teammates who embody our values of Honesty, Enthusiasm, Anticipation, Respect, and Teamwork. Our work environment is purpose-driven, fast-paced, and focused on exceeding our member's and team's expectations.
Learn more about Interlachen and culture by visiting workaticc.org.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Leadership and Teamwork
· Live our values; foster a positive work environment for your team.
· Assists in personnel leadership and coaching, team member safety and feedback.
· Build a strong relationship with departments at the Club; ensure ongoing collaboration and communication to exceed expectations.
· Create a continuous teaching environment that focuses on excellence, timeliness, productivity, and Interlachen standards.
· Understand each team member's position, support their growth and development, and perform duties in their absence.
· Attend bi-weekly and quarterly leadership and management meetings.
· Stay on top of what is going on at the Club; stay abreast of our membership's evolving needs and desires.
Golf Course and Grounds Operations
· Assist in planning and supervising the maintenance of golf course property.
· Assist in scheduling work, supervise team members while performing duties and using equipment.
· Instruct equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment
· Supervise pesticide applications and/or operate and calibrate pesticide application equipment.
· Supervise and participate in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
· Modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
· Collaborate with club officials, golf course architects, and team in renovation of historic Donald Ross Golf Course.
Qualifications and Attributes:
Education and Experience
· Completion of a two or four year turf education with a minimum of two years’ experience on a golf course.
· Preferred experience will include supervisory experience, management of bentgrass putting surfaces, and strong communication skills
· Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations
· Mission-Oriented – You have a need for your work to have a greater meaning and purpose. It is important to be dedicated to the mission of the organization.
· Flexible – You enjoy discovering solutions to problems and adapting to the situation around you. You rework and refine your plan based off of what’s needed.
· Optimistic – You bring a positive attitude and motivating energy to your team. You don’t let negativity fester or spread.
· Leader – You seek out opportunities to lead others. Coaching and mentoring your team is important to you.
· Curious – You crave learning and knowing more. You are able to visualize, adapt, and use what you know effectively.
· Ability to work and stand for long periods of time
· Ability to work outside in different climates and temperatures
· Schedule typically follows Monday through Friday with rotating weekends. Some holidays are required.
Salary, Benefits, and Perks:
· Salary starts at $52,000 annually and will commensurate with qualifications and experience
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
· Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) Plan with (up to) 6% Match
· 6 Weeks of Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
· Competitive Vacation and Paid-time-off
· Paid Holidays
· Wellness Discounts at Marty Chiropractic and YogaFit
· Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day
· Annual Holiday Bonus
· Retail Shop Discounts
· Complimentary Culinary-inspired Meals and Beverages Daily
· Golf Course, Pool, and Racquet Sports Access on Select Mondays
- Diverse staff of 40 team members in season to deliver playability goals
- Frequent opportunities for Team Member Appreciation events including food trucks, outings, golf scrambles and incorporation of your ideas!
- Unique and inspiring opportunities year-round to create exceptional experiences for our members
- State of the art 16,000 ft2 Maintenance Facility constructed in 2011
- Unique Toro Partnership ensuring top quality equipment and latest technology to deliver exceptional golf course conditions
Growth and Development
· People Skills: Recruitment, Interviewing, Training and Development of Seasonal Team Members
· Financial Acumen: Assist in budget development and execution
· Turfgrass Management: Utilize technology to assist in delivering high quality course conditioning
· Growth Path
o GCSAA Assistant Certification
o Seasonal Event Leadership
o Development of Turfgrass Curriculum for Interns with teaching opportunities
o Ongoing Education in Turfgrass Management
o Further Golf Course and Grounds Leadership Positions
· March 15, 2023
CLICK HERE TO APPLY