Stonehenge is A PRIVATE CLUB FOR THE TRUE GOLFER
Located Northwest of the City of Chicago in the rolling hills of Lake Barrington. It was built in 1972 by Charles Maddox Sr., architect and Illinois PGA Hall of Fame Inductee, and Charles Maddox Jr., builder. The Maddox family continues to own and operate Stonehenge today.
The course features bent grass greens, blue / rye fairways, and tees , a large practice area with a natural grass tee, and several lakes and native areas.
The Superintendent in training position is a full-time, year-round position, with the primary goal of advancing the candidate into the Superintendent role. This position is designed to develop the skills to be successful as the Superintendent. Working together with the Superintendent a variety of skills will be strengthened creating an individual who will be proficient in all aspects of golf course maintenance.
This position will be involved in the planning and execution of daily and long-term maintenance practices, staff management, and course evaluation
Applicants should possess the following:
- A degree or certificate in Turfgrass Management or a related field is preferred, however applicants with appropriate golf course work experience will be considered.
- An Illinois Pesticide Applicator License or the ability to acquire one within the first year of employment.
- Knowledge of regular maintenance practices of greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Superintendent, General Manager, grounds staff, clubhouse staff and guests.
- Salary of up to $55,000 -$70,000/year depending on experience and qualifications
- PTO time (vacation and sick time)
- 401K and year end bonus
- Dues paid for GCSAA and MAGCS
- Continuing education cost
- Golf privileges, golf shop discounts
- Date Available: Immediately
please Email Resumes to :
Golf Course Superintendent
Stonerhenge Golf Club