The primary purpose of this position is to provide day to day general maintenance to insure resort quality of grounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required and enrolled in a 2 year or 4 year program for Agronomy Turf Grass Management, or Horticulture and Landscape.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position involves driving a company vehicle and/or company insured vehicle. A valid driver’s license is required, along with successful completion of a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and annual MVRs, according to company guidelines. Follow safe, defensive driving practices at all times, obey all traffic laws, regulations, signals and markings, use a seat belt, and follow Company policies and procedures, including the Substance Abuse Policy. Never drive while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medications that may impair your ability to operate a vehicle safely, report any accidents immediately and cooperate fully with insurance claims investigations.
- Mowing and grooming grounds and amenities.
- Hand watering and weed eating, edging, hand weeding, blowing, flower and ornamental bed preparation.
- Assisting in the planting of seasonal color, trees, shrubs and woody ornamental.
- Hand labor including raking, shoveling, pushing, lifting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must be aware of surroundings with an understanding of a golf and hospitality environment. Must have the ability to see and react to the surrounding including errant golf balls, guest experience, and must understand and follow proper golf etiquette while completing tasks.