GreatLIFE Golf is one of the largest Golf Course Ownership / Management Companies in the country with over 50 golf courses in multiple states. If you’re looking for a fun and casual career in sports and entertainment, this may be the position for you! Feel free to check out our website for more information about who we are as a company and what services we offer to evaluate if your values match ours!
Blue Springs Golf Club located in beautiful Blue Springs, MO is seeking a full time, salaried Head Mechanic to join our team. This position will come with a full benefits package to include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage as well as Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay. Please see a general job description below and should you feel your knowledge, education and experience could be a match, apply today!
Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000 based on education and experience
Ensures that mechanical repairs are performed on a variety of gasoline and diesel power equipment in a timely and precise manner. Ensures that all equipment is kept in efficient and operable condition at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program on all equipment, purchases repair parts and replacement supplies. Places orders for parts/supplies as needed for equipment or service and tracks expenses and inventories for budget.
- Manages a team of course mechanics to include hiring, scheduling, disciplinary action and accountability.
- Performs troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of equipment including vehicles, tractors, grounds keeping equipment, power tools, hand tools, and related golf and parks equipment.
- Keeps accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work performed.
- Operates heavy and light equipment.
- Performs mower grinding/sharpening, general overhaul of motors and reels, installs and adjusts braking systems.
- Performs machining or welding work in making fittings used in repair of maintenance equipment.
- Performs general labor and cleaning related to golf course maintenance equipment.
- Trains all employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery/vehicles.
- Trains and implements the companies “Lock Out Tag Out” program
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance
- Regular & reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associates degree (AA) or equivalent form a two year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience. Degree preference in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks and is frequently able to lift 50 pounds of weight through the work day and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds. Employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards. Work extended hours during golf season.
Please Note: The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a comprehensive Background Check as a condition of employment.