Spray Technician is responsible for applying prescribed amounts of fertilizer insecticide, herbicide, and fungicide, utilizing both portable and tank mounted spray equipment. Maintains all spray related equipment as well as filling sprayer tank with proper chemical/water mixture according to the formula. Directs knobs, levers, and nozzles according to type of treatment and wind/velocity characteristics. Other responsibilities include:
Must always adhere to proper and safe work practices.
Perform routine safety inspections and maintenance on all chemical application equipment.
Maintain a safe and organized chemical storage area in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Apply pesticide to landscape plants when necessary.
Monitor turfgrass conditions and notify Superintendent if necessary.
Assists with mechanical and other golf course related job tasks.
Performs routine maintenance tasks on the golf course as needed.
High School Diploma or GED preferred but not necessary.
Must possess current Illinois State Certification and licensing as a pesticide applicator.
Must pass criminal background check.
Additional Salary Information: Full-time seasonal position, eligible for IMRF after 1000 hours worked, golf/practice priviledges, flexible schedule
Internal Number: 338848
About Glencoe Golf Club
The Glencoe Golf Club was established in 1921 by a group of Glencoe residents in search of an alternative to private country club membership. On June 6, 1922, the Cook County Board approved an agreement with the Glencoe Golf Club granting the use of land for the first nine holes (the front nine as we know it today) and construction was initiated using funds from those Glencoe residents. The second nine holes (the back nine as we know it today) were constructed on the 31 acres owned by the Village of Glencoe adjacent to the golf course. In 1927, the Village of Glencoe purchased an additional 29 acres of land to go with the 31 acres already owned immediately south of the second 9 holes. Expansion of the back nine to the present condition was completed in 1930 with the full 18 holes put into play in 1931. Since its inception as one of the first public golf courses, the Glencoe Golf Club has grown to become one of the finest public golf facilities on the North Shore.