Email resumes to Aaron Lorenz, GCS, ATLorenz@big-cedar.com
Big Cedar Lodge is the premiere golf destination of the Midwest, with five golf courses, located in the Missouri Ozarks just South of Branson, MO. The current job opening is for an Assistant Superintendent at our Buffalo Ridge course. Buffalo Ridge, a design by Tom Fazio, was recently ranked as one of the Top Ten courses in all of Missouri by Golf Digest.
Big Cedar hosted the Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf PGA Champions Tour event from 2014-2020.
Besides Buffalo Ridge, Big Cedar Golf also offers Ozarks National, a design by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, a eighteen hole championship course, that was recently named by Golf Digest as the #1 public coursein the state of Missouri; Mountain Top, a Gary Player design 13 hole par 3 course; Top of The Rock, a Jack Nicklaus design par 3 course, that is the only par 3 course to ever host a PGA tour event; and Payne’s Valley, a Tiger Woods design 18 hole championship course that was recently named "The Best New Public Course of 2021."
The selected candidate should be able to manage the daily operation of the golf course. Those task would include, but are not limited to; management of staff, implementation of cultural practices, irrigation scheduling, and planning and supervision of small projects.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
· Perform cultural practices of all turf areas to ensure pristine condition of the golf course
· Perform maintenance, repairs, and winterization of all irrigation systems
· Responsible application of all fertilizer and pesticides, and record keeping of applications
· Supervise and assist maintenance staff in daily duties
· Consistently manage and train a crew of 15+ associates
· Plan and lead small projects
· Keep supervisors and colleagues promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual situations
· Be able to lift up to 100 lbs
· Acquire working knowledge of the golf course and facilities to respond appropriately to guest questions, as required
· Perform other related duties as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on uneven terrain. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely encounters operating machinery, vibration, amplified sound, and natural botanical allergens. The employee will be exposed to varying weather conditions, particulate matter, electrical components and agronomic chemicals.
Turf or Horticulture degree strongly preferred, and one to three years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The ability to work well with a team, to prioritize, a sense of urgency and a real concern for customer service.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have a safe driving record and a valid drivers license. Must be able to obtain Missouri Pesticide Applicator license within 60 days of hire date.
Additional Salary Information: Associate discounts at Bass Pro Shops, medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), and many more. Please visit https://bigcedar.com/careers/ to see the full list of the incredible benefits offered!
About Big Cedar Lodge - Buffalo Ridge
Big Cedar Lodge is the premier golf destination in the Midwest, boasting five golf courses designed to fit the needs of every golfer. Big Cedar prides itself as America’s Next Great Golf Destination by allowing golfers to play courses designed by some of the top names in golf.
• Payne’s Valley – Tiger Woods designed his first public course in the U.S. here at Big Cedar Lodge in honor of Ozarks legend and U.S. Open Champion, Payne Stewart.
• Ozarks National – World-renowned golf course designers Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw put their unique touch on the Ozarks with this 18-hole course.
• Mountain Top – Designed by Gary Player, this 13-hole short course gives golfers an unparalleled experience traversing through unique rock outcroppings.
• Buffalo Ridge Springs – The title of Missouri’s #1 Public Course goes to this Tom Fazio designed course and is the staple of Johnny Morris’s “Nature Golf”.
• Top of the Rock – Our very own 9-hole, par 3 course designed by Jack Nicklaus is the first short course to be featured in a PGA Tournament.