Bethesda Country Club is an 18-Hole Private Country Club located just outside of Washington DC. We are currently undergoing a multi-million-dollar club house and pool enhancement. The club just acquired a new fleet of golf carts with GPS technology to help improve the overall conditions of the golf course.
Since 2017, the Bethesda members have provided the greens department with new equipment upgrades from GPS sprayers, mowers, tractors, mini-excavator, and various other machinery to enhance our operation. In spring of 2020, the club completed a multi-million-dollar course enhancement including all new bunkers with “Better Billy”, a Toro Infinity-two wire irrigation system with HDPE, new pump station, drainage improvements, and a vast portion of the tee complexes.
This summer, we will be resurfacing and leveling our driving range tee with a new variety of bermudagrass. Additionally, we will be expanding our chemical storage facility to better enhance our operations this year. The club plans to continue the master plan in the in the next two-three years. Discussions of constructing a par-three short course and replacement of the cart paths are in conversation to compliment the current master plan in place.
This is a great opportunity for individuals who are passionate to further their career to become a successful superintendent. From small-to large-scale projects, including course construction, drainage improvements, pond restoration, cart path replacement, and much more.
For updated aerial photos of the golf course, please use google maps.
(2-4) years as an Assistant Superintendent. An experienced Assistant-in-Training (AIT) who is currently at a high-end private club or upcoming graduates with experience in the Mid-Atlantic will be highly considered as well.
Drive and determination to develop your experience and knowledge to become a successful Superintendent in the future.
- You will be involved with planning the operating budget & agronomy program for the following year and handle those budgetary items throughout the fiscal year.
- Order fertility products or other materials with local sales representatives. From time to time meet with reps to learn about new products or other related information.
- You will be expected to provide input into capital equipment purchases and projects.
- Manage the hiring, training, and scheduling of employees throughout the year.
- Ability to manage up to 25 staff members daily.
- Comprehension of chemicals and their use requirements is an advantage.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; effectively handle multiple duties under pressing times.
Must obtain a Maryland State Pesticide Applicator License (3-C, Turf) & Maryland State Fertilizer Applicator License within 60 days of hire or next available test dates.
Additional Salary Information: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K + Employer Match, Paid Vacation, Paid Time off (Sick/Personal/ Vacation), Life insurance, Uniform Allowance, Meals, Holiday bonus, Paid Local/National Association Dues, and Continuing Education Seminars through local and national classes.
Time off in the summer is encouraged.
+ End of the year performance bonus.
About Bethesda Country Club
Bethesda Country Club is an 18-Hole Private Country Club located outside of Washington DC. Bethesda consists of new 007 bentgrass greens, ryegrass fairways, bentgrass tees, and a stand of mixed cool season rough.