The Equipment Manager is responsible for all departmental operations in regard to the golf course maintenance equipment fleet and mechanic/shop facility. This is to efficiently include daily communication and planning, strategic preventative and active maintenance, timely repairs, ordering and inventory, department forecasting and budgeting, hiring and managing of technician(s), active participation in industry/ club/member relations and events.
The ideal candidate will be industry motivated and thrive in a team oriented, upbeat, high-energy working environment, with a passion for providing an exceptional product and facility.
- Knowledge and experience with John Deere, Toro and Ventrac equipment, Foley grinders, gas and diesel engines, welding, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Understanding of precise equipment operation and maintenance requirements to provide membership with premier conditions and operators with safe and reliable tools.
- Develop and maintain a sustainable preventative maintenance program for all equipment around GCM practices.
- Daily checks of equipment while in operation and ability to troubleshoot in the field.
- Maintain current, organized and available records for all equipment, including weekly fuel consumption and order logs.
- Maintain a thoroughly clean and organized shop space, parts room, and surrounds for convenient accessibility for crew, vendors, and deliveries.
- Active participation in equipment training, operation, safety, maintenance and cleaning practices.
- Participation in related functions and continuing education opportunities to stay current with the industry.
- Ability to positively train and manage a technician for all listed requirements.
In addition, Waterfall also offers:
- Full benefit package (health, dental, vision, life), 401k opportunity.
- Meals, uniforms, association dues, access to all club provided amenities.
Waterfall is a privately owned, exclusive, full service, private golf course and club located in the North Georgia mountains, overlooking Lake Burton. Established in 2000 as a Scott Pool design, the club has recently undergone a full golf course renovation by architect Bill Bergin. At 2000 feet elevation, the course consists of bentgrass greens, zeon zoysia fairways and tees, meyer zoysia bunker faces, and fescue/bluegrass roughs. This year the club is on schedule complete phase three of renovation, to include resurfacing cart paths, as well as bringing in a new fleet of maintenance equipment.