Four Seasons Golf and Sports Club Orlando is an 18-hole Tom Fazio design with a recent 2.5 million dollar driving range renovation. Four Seasons Golf and Sports Club Orlando offers an incredible experience set amid varying elevations, abundant wildlife, and protected wetlands. The golf course has hosted various celebrity, Champions Tour and LPGA events over the last 5 years, most recently hosting the 2021 LPGA Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions.
We are looking to add a team-oriented individual with a passion for the game of golf and course management. A high expectation position with the focus on continuing to foster a team environment while enhancing course conditions. Our team puts a lot of effort into creating a unique development plan to enhance each team member's skills and focus on work- life balance as a key component. The Assistant Superintendent will work 40-45 hours a week with every other weekend off.
Our team consists of 13 Groundskeepers, 4 Team Leaders, 1 Project Manager/ Irrigation Technician, 3 Equipment Technicians, 1 Equipment Manager, 1 Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, 1 Golf Course Superintendent and 1 Director of Golf Course & Landscape Operation.
· Two or four-year degree in Turfgrass Management or completion of Turf Management related certificate program.
· Must possess or obtain and Florida Pesticide applicators license within 90 - days.
· Minimum of 2 years previous golf course maintenance experience.
· Must have a TEAM mentality. The right candidate must have the willingness to grow and learn as well as having a desire to advance their career in the turfgrass industry. Must be self-motivated, lead by example, and have a strong attention to detail.
· This is an ideal position for a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude who thrives in a culture that encourages individuals to make decisions independently and learn how to use their time productively.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems, and efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure.
· This position will be directly involved with creating and adapting the daily work schedule on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Must not be afraid to make mistakes and constantly learn.
· Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills.
· Supervises and participates in fertilizer and pesticide applications. Must know how to operate and calibrate fertilizer and pesticide equipment. Maintain application sheets and documents for inventory control.
· Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with county, state, and federal regulations and is responsible for the safety and direction of chemical handlers and/or helpers.
· 40 – 45-hour work week.
· Health, Vision and Dental Insurance.
· 401k w/ a 100% employer match up to 3% of my eligible earnings, provided that you contribute between 1% and 3% to the 401(k) plan, and a 50% match on the next 2% of your eligible earnings that you contribute to the 401(k) plan, for a maximum matching contribution of 4%.
· Personal Time Off – 13 days per year – eligible after the first 90 days of employment.
· Paid dues to local, state, and national associations. (CFGCSA, FGCSA, GCSAA)
· Paid expenses to local and regional educational seminars.
· Golf privileges.
· One daily complimentary lunch provided
· Employee Travel Program that allows employees to travel and experience Four Seasons Hotels around the world at complimentary or discounted expense.