This is a great opportunity to become apart of the Oldfield family. We will be building a fun, hardworking environment that encourages new ideas and allows everyone to have a voice. Candidates for this position need to be well organized, use critical thinking skills, and be an excellent communicator in a team atmosphere. This is an ideal position for a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude who thrives in a culture that encourages assistant superintendents to make decisions independently and learn how to use their time productively. Under the guidance of the superintendent, the assistant will be responsible for scheduling and will oversee the day-to-day maintenance operation. The assistant superintendent will report directly to the superintendent and coordinate daily with the equipment manager and fellow assistant superintendents. This position will prepare individuals for the successful next step in their careers.
* Performs chemical and fertilizer applications on golf course
* Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying equipment
* Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with county, state, and federal regulations and is responsible for the safety and direction of chemical handlers and/or helpers
* Inventory responsibilities
* Supervises special projects, and performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
* Waters Greens, Tee's and Fairways
* Troubleshooting irrigation issues and repairs.
* Operates LYNX app
* Working knowledge of all aspects of golf course maintenance.
* Working knowledge of chemical and fertilizer applications equipment
* Ability to acquire necessary certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
* Possession of a valid driver's license.
* Ability to follow oral and written directions
Additional Salary Information: Health/Dental/Vision insurance, 401K Matching, Phone Allowance, Free golf, Discounts in Pro-Shop, PTO and Sick Time