Job Description: Oversees the maintenance and construction of the 18 hole golf course and ensures that turf grass is repaired and maintained to established standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works with the Superintendent to ensure that annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
• Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
• Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
• Ensures all grounds and course maintenance equipment is properly maintained. • Supervises all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course.
• Records all maintenance on course.
• Assists superintendent in preparing annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met.
• Maintains course in proper playing condition.
• Ensures all associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state and federal regulations.
• Communicates as necessary with other departments to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans and scheduled events.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance
• Regular & reliable attendance
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Julington Creek is planning a renovation of greens, bunkers, and tees in 2022. This position will gain valuable experience in construction and grow-in requirements.
Please email Cover Letter, Resume and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Degree/Licenses: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent form a two year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience. Degree preference in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science. Must have/acquire FL RUP license within 90 days of hire. Irrigation experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks and is frequently able to lift 50 pounds of weight through the work day and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds. Employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards. Work extended hours during golf season.
Additional Salary Information: Brown Golf offers Health, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, GCSAA and FL GCSA dues paid, golfing priveleges
About Julington Creek Golf CLub
Brown Golf operates twenty-five golf courses which comprises long term leases and third-party management. Our clubs are located throughout seven states that include VT, PA, NC, SC, GA, FL, and MO. Our platforms are designed on the principals that have allowed the company to continuously grow since 2011.