Smith Turf & Irrigation / Turf Care Equipment is a family-owned business that opened in 1925.Today we have 21 locations in NC, SC, VA, and TN.
We currently have an opening for a Mobile Service Technician in our Nashville, TN Region. This is a full-time all year around position. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of technician experience, with a high level of diagnostic ability. Background with diesel, electrical and hydraulic repairs a plus. We provide training for qualified applicants. This position is responsible for maintaining parts inventory and tools on a company provided vehicle and meeting service revenue goals.
STI offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes health care, dental, life, 401K, paid holidays, and vacation time.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Repairing heavy-duty turf equipment at customer’s location.
• Responsible for diagnosing and performing mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and engine (gas/diesel) repairs on commercial equipment
• Work efficiently and complete initial work order
• Knowledge of parts look up
• Attend service schools, training initiatives, and maintain all required certifications
• Work with other associates to facilitate a team atmosphere
• Dispose of all old parts and environmental items properly
• Maintain clean, and safely operate the company provided vehicle
Prerequisites for this position:
• Must possess a clean driving record
• Must be able to pass background check and drug test
• Possess tools of the trade (company supplies special tools)
• High school or equivalent
• Technical certification / Turf Equipment certification a plus.
**Smith Turf and Irrigation is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
About Smith Turf & Irrigation
Since 1925, Smith Turf & Irrigation has built an unmatched reputation for outstanding customer care, service and support. Over the years, STI has also developed industry-leading product offerings for golf course maintenance and irrigation equipment, as well as a complete "system" approach to landscape irrigation, lighting and water features. This combination of best-in-class equipment, individual customer focus and legendary service provides integrated solutions no other competitor in the industry can match.
But don't take our word for it. Smith Turf & Irrigation has been recognized numerous times with awards for excellence in customer service, customer satisfaction and overall business practices. See how we have been honored by our industry partners and what our customers have to say about STI. What you'll find is a company 100% dedicated to our customers' satisfaction and success.
STI has over 200 employees supporting and servicing customers in North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee and Bermuda, with corporate headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina and regional distribution centers in Richmond, Virginia and Nashville, Tennessee.