Smith Turf and Irrigation is a family-owned business that opened in 1925. Today we have 21 locations in NC, SC, VA & TN. STI Turf Care Equipment is the premiere landscape contractor supplier of irrigation, outdoor lighting, drainage, water gardens, fertilizers and landscape tools. In addition, our full-line branches retail and service landscaper and high-end homeowner outdoor power equipment. These locations carry product lines such as Toro, Exmark, Scag Mowers, ECHO and Stihl.
We currently have an opening for a Service Technician at out Knoxville, TN location. This is a full-time, front-line technician position. As a technician, you will perform mechanical repairs and maintenance work on commercial and contractor equipment. Including repairing customer and pre-owned equipment.
STI offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes health care, dental, life, 401K, paid holidays, and vacation time.
Responsibilities and Skills:
• Strong technical knowledge of turf equipment including gas, diesel, two-cycle engines, hydraulics and electrical systems and reel mowers.
• Ability to read and understand service manuals, schematics and technical documents.
• Perform quality control (QC) checks on equipment to ensure that all repairs have been performed according to customer requests.
• Identify any additional equipment issues while performing primary repair work.
• Knowledge of parts lookup.
• Aid in equipment setup.
• Maintain a neat and efficient workspace.
• Team player: work with associates to facilitate a team atmosphere.
• Attend service schools, training initiatives and maintain all required certifications.
• Perform other duties as assigned by managements.
Three years of industry experience a plus.
Basic tools required.
**Smith Turf and Irrigation is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
About Smith Turf & Irrigation
Since 1925, Smith Turf & Irrigation has built an unmatched reputation for outstanding customer care, service and support. Over the years, STI has also developed industry-leading product offerings for golf course maintenance and irrigation equipment, as well as a complete "system" approach to landscape irrigation, lighting and water features. This combination of best-in-class equipment, individual customer focus and legendary service provides integrated solutions no other competitor in the industry can match.
But don't take our word for it. Smith Turf & Irrigation has been recognized numerous times with awards for excellence in customer service, customer satisfaction and overall business practices. See how we have been honored by our industry partners and what our customers have to say about STI. What you'll find is a company 100% dedicated to our customers' satisfaction and success.
STI has over 200 employees supporting and servicing customers in North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee and Bermuda, with corporate headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina and regional distribution centers in Richmond, Virginia and Nashville, Tennessee.