The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent I is a key position within the Golf Course Maintenance Department. Working directly with the Director of Golf Course Maintenance Operations, the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent I is primarily responsible for developing a daily departmental work schedule and coordinating the related activities with the staff.
Associate or Bachelor degree in turf management or related field or trades training and equivalent work related experience in turf management.
Thorough knowledge of general business administration practices and golf course operations practices and procedures as would be acquired through three to four years similar golf course maintenance experience in progressively responsible positions.
Prior supervisory experience required.
Working knowledge of golf course operations, turf management and practices necessary.
· Train, motivate, and supervise staff capable of performing the tasks associated with maintaining the golf course. Assist Director of Golf Course Maintenance Operations with recommendations concerning personnel matters such as pay rates, performance reviews, corrective actions and terminations.
· Schedule and supervise the daily operations of the maintenance crew.
· Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of all tasks relevant to the Application Foreman, Irrigation Foreman, Landscape Foreman, Equipment Operator I, II, III & IV positions, Landscape Gardener I, II, III and IV positions, Irrigation Technicians I, II, III & IV positions, and the application technician position.
· Plan, schedule, and monitor daily operations, including responsibility for coordinating and assigning work, schedules leaves, and ensures adequate staffing for meeting departmental goals.
· Establish, promote and enforce safety practices in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Train employees in safety procedures and internal procedures.
· Ensure cleanliness of the golf course equipment, maintenance facility, and grounds.
· Maintain purchase order system and related invoice logs, which includes coding invoices with appropriate account numbers.
· Assist with the preparation, development, and management of the operating budget. Monitor and control departmental budget expenses. Perform all functions within the limits of the budget.
· Assist the Director of Golf Course Maintenance Operations with record keeping for supplies, daily logs, application records, climatic condition records and personnel records which include verifying departmental staff time cards.
· Assist in the development and implementation of the necessary cultural maintenance programs necessary to keep the golf course and landscape grounds in good condition, including the proper application of pesticides and fertilizers.
· Operate within all local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines.
· Communicate over a 2-way radio system with other key department heads and staff members.
· Required to wear personal protective clothing and/or use protective equipment to comply with established safety operating standards.
· Special projects or other duties as assigned.
Internal Number: R2938
About TPC Scottsdale
Licensed by the PGA TOUR, the TPC Network is comprised of more than 30 premier private, resort, and daily fee golf properties designed by some of golf’s most elite architects. Eighteen of the clubs are operated by affiliates of the PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties, Inc. Each TPC has hosted or has been designed to host TOUR-sponsored golf tournaments. Since TPC Sawgrass first opened its world-renowned PLAYERS Stadium Course in the fall of 1980, TPCs have provided the PGA TOUR with rent-free venues for tournaments, helping to boost championship golf purses and increasing charitable donations. At the same time, TPCs have provided recreational golfers with the unique opportunity to test their skills on the same layouts where the world’s best golfers compete. TPCs are known for their outstanding conditioning and amenities, as well as a commitment to environmental excellence.