The Club at Arrowcreek in Reno NV, is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Mechanic. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanic:
• Maintains a preventative maintenance program on all equipment, purchases repair parts and replacement supplies as needed with appropriate approval from department manager
• Inspects, adjusts, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in many types of golf course maintenance equipment.
• Performs mower grinding/sharpening, performs general overhaul of motors, reels, install and adjusts braking systems.
• Performs machining or welding work in making fittings used in repair of maintenance equipment. • Maintains records of preventative maintenance, repairs made, parts ordered.
• Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of light and heavy construction and maintenance equipment and automotive apparatus. Skilled in the use of a wide variety of equipment repair tools and in the making of various types of mechanical repairs.
• Knowledge of the theory, care and operation of internal combustion engines, hydraulic systems and mowing equipment maintenance such as grinding, sharpening and adjustment.
• Diagnoses mechanical troubles and schedules appropriate preventative maintenance work.
• Helps to control costs and expenses in the maintenance of the equipment fleet relating to parts purchases, inventory levels, service work, fuel inventories and related items. • Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements for the Mechanic:
• Mechanic certificate from gas and diesel engine seminar preferred; and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.