Under general supervision of the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent, the Foreman will supervise and participate in the operation of all golf course maintenance tasks. Assist in determining where hand watering efforts should be directed and hand water as needed. During large scale maintenance efforts, i.e. fertilization and aerification assists in supervising crew members and the direction of activity in the proper methodology of the related task. If necessary, assist in the daily course set-up, mowing activities, bunker maintenance or other related tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be an expert in the operation of all maintenance equipment for training of crew members and to assist in mowing operations should the need arise.
- Be able to make informed decisions on the golf course regarding proper use of equipment, adequate training and identifying broken equipment.
- Assist in the training of all crew members in the proper, safe and efficient operation and care of mowing and related equipment.
- Have knowledge or be able to obtain knowledge of watering practices as they relate to hand watering of turf during peak summer months.
-Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather. Must be able to lift 50lbs. Must be able to bend, stoop and crawl.
- This job requires weekends and overtime as needed.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits:
- Health Insurance, Company Sponsored Life, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Meals, Uniforms and Golfing Privileges. More benefits can be discussed.
About The Club at Flying Horse
Out of the heart of a legendary landscape comes a champion–The Club at Flying Horse, featuring a private 18-hole Tom Weiskopf Signature Golf Course and newly opened 18 hole Phil Smith design Golf Course, European resort-style Golf Clubhouse, World-class Steakhouse dining, an Athletic Club and Spa and luxurious lodging. Commanding center stage in the grand landscape of Colorado Springs’ best luxury community.