Responsible for performing routing maintenance, care, and general grooming on the Isleta Resort Grounds while promoting and exhibiting World Class Guest Service to all Isleta Resort and Casino employees and guests. All while promoting and exhibiting World Class Guest Service to all the Isleta Resort and Casino guests.
Isleta Resort and Casino Guest Service Agreement
All Team Members will display 100% commitment to World Class Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of Guest Service Standards established by the Isleta Resort and Casino.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
Operates power mower to trim the Isleta Resort Grounds.
Aerates, spreads fertilizers and lays sod.
Maintains plants and shrubs
Assists in constructing new landscaping by way of grading and preparing turf.
Empties trash bins on a daily basis.
Assists with scheduled maintenance projects: top dressing, fertilizing, and over seeding.
Assists with general construction projects as needed.
Maintains all facility grounds, trees, and shrubbery.
Maintains and ensures all hand tools, power tools, and grounds keeping equipment are in good operating condition and securely stored.
Ensures an open and welcoming atmosphere that promotes skill enhancement.
Greets guests, maintains a friendly and inviting atmosphere, and promotes positive guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
May be assigned to drive company vehicle on public roads, to and from Isleta Pueblo properties, and/or other destinations, during shift.
Occasionally performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to read English as well as follow instructions
· Ability to provide legible written reports
· Ability to obtain a certified applicators permit for pesticides/herbicides within eighteen months after employment
· Ability to operate light and some heavy equipment.
· Ability to use manual tools and operate power tools.
· Ability to work alone without supervision.
· Good knowledge of tools and materials, methods and practices of landscape grounds keeping trades
· Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Must be able to lift, move and place objects up to 50 lbs. with assistance.
· Must be able to lift 100 lbs. with assistance
· Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions particular to this region
· May occasionally deal with angry or hostile individuals
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred.
· One year grounds/landscape experience required.
Special Requirements, Licenses, and Certification
Must be able to acquire and maintain Non-Key Gaming License issued through POIGRA.
Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background investigation.
Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any days/hours as needed or required to meet business needs.
· Must maintain all Isleta Resort and Casino-wide educational and certification requirements.
· Must possess a New Mexico driver’s license (License should not have been revoked or suspended in the last 3 years prior to the date of the Employment Application, driving records will be checked)
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. It is not necessarily all-inclusive and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. Management reserves the right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, or by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
Native American Preference Policy
Isleta Resort and Casino will at all times and for the positions give hiring, transfers, and promotional preferences to qualified Native American applicants in the following order: 1. Enrolled Pueblo of Isleta Tribal Member; 2. Enrolled pueblo of Isleta Descendants; and 3. Registered Native American from a federally recognized tribe.
About Isleta Resort & Casino
Join Our Team at Isleta Resort & Casino!
We offer extremely competitive benefits including:
-Vision, Health, Dental
-Paid Time Off
-Free On Site Health Clinic
- Free Employee Dining
- Career Advancement Opportunities
-Plus Much More!