Suneagles golf course is currently looking for a Golf Course Assistant Superintendent to join our team and focus on providing the highest quality of service for our members and guests.Due to future renovation plans, this position will have the exclusive opportunity to gain experience in maintaining/conditioning a golf course throughout the season, as well as being involved in a renovation project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Ensures golf course grounds are maintained at pristine, tournament quality conditions
Assists in supervising and training of crew
Maintains and directs repairs to irrigation system
Ensures that all fertilizer and pesticide applications are applied and recorded according to the product label
Operates and maintains golf course equipment when necessary
Follows all state and local safety and environmental standard
Other duties as directed.
• Two or four-year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field.
• 1+ years of experience in leadership roles among golf course maintenance, sports fields, or similar fields.
• Pesticide applicator's license.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Skilled user of technology both on and off of the golf course: MS Office, moisture meters, irrigation central control, etc.
About Suneagles Golf Course
Suneagles Golf Course is A.W.Tillinghast designed course, built in the 1920. We are currently at the beginning stages of a renovation that will be spread across the next few years to finish. Suneagles Golf course is located on the New Jersey Shore about 50 mins from NYC