Atkins Golf Club in Urbana, IL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Golf Course Equipment Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
• Inventory and evaluate the current equipment fleet. Identify machines requiring service or replacement. Communicate these needs to the Superintendent and establish a budget and timeline for completion.
• Develop efficient workflow throughout the equipment storage and service bays.
• Procure an adequate inventory of repair parts and shop supplies.
• Perform mower set-up daily to ensure an excellent quality of cut.
• Observe equipment use throughout the golf course to ensure quality among all surfaces. This will include personal operation of equipment from time-to-time to ensure proper function
• Complete reel and bedknife grinding. Sharpen rotary mower blades.
• Diagnose and repair electrical and hydraulic systems of turf equipment.
• Perform service on gas and diesel engines.
• Ensure all safety features are in place and working among the equipment fleet.
• Maintain a safe and orderly work environment.
• Develop system of record keeping for timely and efficient entries documenting service and repair of equipment.
• 3-5 years of experience servicing outdoor power equipment, completing automotive repair, or related field.
• Welding and fabrications skills are desired.
• Self-starter with the desire of achieving excellence among all facets of the organization.