Green Valley Ranch is a public facility in Denver, CO with an 18 hole championship course and a 9 hole par 3 course. We are home to the Cobank Colorado Opens.
The assistant position reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and the Assistant Superintendent and assists with all agronomic practices around the golf course. This position also acts as the primary irrigation technician and pesticide applicator.
· Assist the golf course superintendent and assistant superintendent in recognizing water, fertilizer, and other pesticide needs around the golf course
· Assist with staff scheduling and supervision and leads their own weekend staff
· Repair irrigation issues when needed
· Apply fertilizer and pesticide applications when needed
· Keep detailed and accurate fertilizer/pesticide application records
· Forward thinking individual, leader by example willing to be a part of a great TEAM
· Individual willing to learn with ability to advance within the operation
· Basic understanding of agronomy and turf science
· Possess or be able to obtain a pesticide applicator’s license
· Basic knowledge of the game of golf to better predict and understand how different agronomic practices can affect the playability of the golf course
· Organized and self-motivated
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org