Under general supervision, the Equipment Manager repairs all equipment associated with course maintenance department. Responsibilities also include planning and implementing a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment, training staff in safe use and proper care and maintenance of assigned equipment, and advising the Superintendent regarding major equipment failures and/or replacement needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect equipment for operating deficiencies. Repair and adjust equipment as needed.
- Diagnose mechanical/electrical issues on equipment and perform proper repairs.
- Perform proper grinding intervals to maintain a high level of cut, at all times.
- Perform daily checks out in the field and in the shop to ensure quality of cut.
- Lubricate and service all course maintenance equipment as necessary.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- Maintain service, repair and usage records on all equipment.
- Establish safety procedures and maintain safety records for equipment operation.
- Demonstrate to staff the use of new equipment and train in safe operation and proper care and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Plan and implement a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Advise the Superintendent regarding major equipment failures and/or replacement needs.
- Perform general overhauls for equipment as needed.
- Purchase and inventory all parts associated with repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School, College Degree, Required or Preferred
- 1 year experience with golf course equipment repair or auto repair
- Valid drivers license. Driving record meeting company safety policies and guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to repair golf course equipment.
- Demonstrated quality verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Required to bend, stoop, and stand up to 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift, push, or move up to 50lbs
- Work Independently - able to move about departments and club buildings in a professional manner.
- Must have good or corrected vision to select/stock merchandise and read labels.
- Must be able to work in a busy environment
Additional Salary Information: Additional Salary Information: Health, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401K, Discounted Meals, Uniforms, Association Dues/Education Paid
About Forest Creek Golf Club
Forest Creek Golf Club showcases a championship golf experience for the City of Round Rock. The 18-hole championship golf course is scenic and challenging, and has a long time loyal customer base. A Dick Phelps design, Forest Creek presents rolling, tree lined fairways, undulating greens, and a layout consisting of uniquely architected holes. A staple in the Forest Creek Community for over 20 years, we offer a full scale practice facility as well, with an expansive natural grass tee practice range with a state of the art artificial tee line as well. Complementing the range is an 8,000 square foot putting/chipping green, and a 60 yard pitching center complete with a practice bunker. Forest Creek offers one of the area’s only LED lit practice facility and is open until 10:00 PM in season and 9:00 PM out of season. Our clubhouse features our Players Grill with a variety of grilled and fried menu items. We offer a full bar selection with beer, wine, and spirits. We also offer the Forest Room, a scenic banquet room that is perfect for intimate banquets and parties for groups up to 100. Our covered veranda is also perfect for post round gatherings overlooking our 18th green. Forest Creek... is a hub for Player Development clinics, private lessons, and junior camps and clinics. Our Forest Creek Junior Academy has over 75 students.
Forest Creek Golf Club boasts our newly redesigned Tif-eagle greens, renovated bunkers utilizing the Better Billy Bunker method, new state of the art irrigation system, and 7 new bridges. The golf course offers a more player friendly golf experience, complete with new ladies and senior tees. The perimeter of the property showcases a beautiful strand of buffalo native grasses. Tree covered areas have the canopies raised for increased playability. Many fairway-height collection areas have been incorporated in lieu of rough or greenside bunkers. The new design still offers a great challenge to the more experienced golfer, while allowing for more enjoyment for the average player. New water features enhance the appeal of our ponds.