**Bellerive Country Club is looking for a Lead Horticulturist who is enthusiastic, proactive, socially poised, and precise with their work in a steadily changing environment. A wide-variety level of experience for this role is acceptable, with a minimum requirement of 2-3 years in a mid-management role and an Associate’s in Plant Sciences. **
The Lead Horticulturist at Bellerive Country Club is a vital part of the senior agronomic management team that requires a high level of leadership, organization, attention to detail and a strong passion for professional development.
The Five key responsibilities of the Lead Horticulturist are as follows:
1. Build and lead a team of horticulturists and general landscapers that provides the club and its constituents superior landscapes with respect to desired visual themes, functions, and playability of the golf course.
2. Build and manage the Horticulture and grounds budget through a detailed yearly annual landscape plan under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent.
3. Participate in the club wide communication process, as an integral role in building interdepartmental awareness and cohesion, fostering relationships with members as a front facing club manager, and creating communication pieces to educate members on landscape alterations.
4. Act as the cornerstone for the cultivation, maintenance and integrated pest management of all woody landscape plants and ornamentals on the property, including the 2.1 acres of landscape beds, non-turfgrass native areas and stormwater runoff sites.
5. Proactively pursue and desire a steady growth in higher education, seeking input through a variety of available networking opportunities, and be a driver of change and innovation bringing new ideas to the forefront.
o Health, Vision, Dental Insurance, Life & Disability Insurance, 401K o Paid Time Off, Professional Development allocation. Paid Association dues & expenses
o Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. o Must be able to work in steady & consistent environment o Must be an effective communicator o Must be willing to work in all four-season weather environments o Occasional overtime and schedule flexibility may be required
The Lead Horticulturist at Bellerive must be willing to work in a team-based culture. Flexibility, adaptation to change and a positive attitude are vital in this leadership role. *Will develop the right individual*
Please send inquiries with included resume and cover letter to Nick White email@example.com
*Bellerive is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
About Bellerive Country Club
BELLERIVE COUNTRY CLUB
St. Louis, MO
Bellerive Country Club is a private member-owned country club located in the suburbs of St. Louis, MO. Established in 1897, Bellerive is known as one of the premier Country Clubs of the Midwest, and is currently ranked as the #30 Private Platinum Club in America.
The current site of Bellerive Country Club, known as the "Green Monster of Ladue" has been home to seven Championships over it's 60 year history, most recently the 2018 PGA Championship won by Brooks Koepka. Bellerive Country Club is in an elite class as one of only three clubs in the United States to host all 4 traveling Men's major Championships (U.S. Open, Senior U.S. Open, PGA Championship, Senior PGA Championship).
Following 2018's PGA Championship, Bellerive has undergone an extensive PGA restoration and a full-scale renovation project, that encompasses all aspects of the club. Beginning in Spring of 2019, BCC constructed a state-of-the-art Racquets Facility, complete with 5 Har-Tru suspended clay courts, 1 post-tension hard court, 2 platform paddleball courts and 6 post tension pickeball courts. The club has now recently concluded an entire clubhouse renovation, ...building a brand-new additional clubhouse structure off of the 18th green, bringing a more dynamic experience to members of the club.
Beginning in June of 2019 Bellerive underwent an extensive greens rebuild, complete to USGA specifications. Additionally, the scope of the project captured the rebuild of the driving range and Short game areas, as well as PGA restoration sites and extensive drainage on the course. Future plans in the winter of 2020-21 is the preparation, design and construction of a new state-of-the-art Grounds Maintenance facility.