Free housing plus two meals a day when the club is open
Presently be enrolled in, or a recent graduate of any program in Agronomy, Turfgrass Management/Science or Golf Course Management Program
About Milwaukee Country Club
• Milwaukee Country Club is currently seeking Golf Course Management Interns for the 2021 golf season.
• Established in 1894, Milwaukee Country Club is Wisconsin’s oldest golf club and one of the oldest clubs in the Midwest. Originally located on Milwaukee’s East Side, the Country Club moved north to its present site in 1911.After several redesigns, the present golf course was officially opened on July 4, 1929. The course was designed by famed architects Harry S. Colt and Charles H. Alison.
• In 2005, noted golf course architect Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design, Inc. agreed to develop a long-range plan for the club. Many of Mr. Doak’s recommended changes have been incorporated in today’s course. The club’s long-range plan will serve to confirm, preserve and restore the traditional Colt and Alison heritage which makes Milwaukee Country Club’s course a truly distinguished venue.
• In the summer of 2020, the club continued the restoration of the golf course to the original Colt and Alison design. The project included tee and fairway redesign, bunker conversion to The Better Billy Bunker system, drainage installation, and rough renovation.
• Milwaukee Country Clu...b is annually ranked among the Top 100 golf courses in the United States. Golf Magazine currently ranks Milwaukee Country Club as the #71 golf course on their Greatest in America list.
• The club has hosted several national events which include: 1903 Western Open, 1969 Walker Cup Matches, 1988 U.S. Senior Amateur, and 2008 U.S. Mid-Amateur.
• The Milwaukee Country Club resides on a 200-acre property about 10 miles north of downtown Milwaukee. Greens, tees, and fairways are predominately older cultivars of bentrgrass/poa mix. The golf course consists of a large area of highly maintained turf which includes: 5 acres of greens, 5 acres of approach/bailouts, 36 acres of fairways, and 4 acres of tees.