The Equipment Manager at Bellerive Country Club is a senior manager for the Golf Maintenance Department that requires a high level of leadership, organization, attention to detail and a strong passion for professional development.
The Equipment Manager is a vital part of the senior management team that helps lead golf course operations under the Golf Course Superintendent, with the goal of leading the team to provide excellent conditions for all club constituents.
The Five key responsibilities of the Equipment Manager are as follows:
1. Build and lead a team of Equipment technician(s) that excels in successfully providing the Golf Maintenance crew with equipment that operates in a safe, efficient, and highly accurate manner.
2. Collaborates with the Agronomy team to achieve a common purpose by identifying, troubleshooting, and correcting operational inefficiencies by means of a creative, objective & proactive approach with golf course equipment.
3. Obtain, maintain, and train on the expertise of all reel and rotary cutting units to the highest club standards, and continue to gain proficiency through the access of new technology, formal training, and networking opportunities.
4. Build and manage an equipment maintenance & repair budget, and design, consult and forecast future capital expenditures though lease and purchase opportunities.
5. Create, organize, and upkeep new Shop maintenance spaces. Manage inventories, ordering, PMs, and technician scheduling to achieve healthy work-life balances.
Health, Vision, Dental Insurance. Life & Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off, 401K, Uniforms, Meals, Golfing Privileges
Professional Development allocation. Paid Association dues & expenses
Must be able to lift heavy objects
Must be able to work in steady & consistent environment
Must be effective communicator
Must be willing to work in all four-season weather environment
Occasional overtime and schedule flexibility may be required
The Equipment Manager at Bellerive must be willing to work in a team-based environment. Flexibility, adaptation to change and a positive attitude are vital in this leadership role.
BELLERIVE COUNTRY CLUB
St. Louis, MO
Bellerive Country Club is a private member-owned country club located in the suburbs of St. Louis, MO. Established in 1897, Bellerive is known as one of the premier Country Clubs of the Midwest, and is currently ranked as the #30 Private Platinum Club in America.
The current site of Bellerive Country Club, known as the "Green Monster of Ladue" has been home to seven Championships over it's 60 year history, most recently the 2018 PGA Championship won by Brooks Koepka. Bellerive Country Club is in an elite class as one of only three clubs in the United States to host all 4 traveling Men's major Championships (U.S. Open, Senior U.S. Open, PGA Championship, Senior PGA Championship).
Following 2018's PGA Championship, Bellerive has undergone an extensive PGA restoration and a full-scale renovation project, that encompasses all aspects of the club. Beginning in Spring of 2019, BCC constructed a state-of-the-art Racquets Facility, complete with 5 Har-Tru suspended clay courts, 1 post-tension hard court, 2 platform paddleball courts and 6 post tension pickeball courts. The club has now recently concluded an entire clubhouse renovation, ...building a brand-new additional clubhouse structure off of the 18th green, bringing a more dynamic experience to members of the club.
Beginning in June of 2019 Bellerive underwent an extensive greens rebuild, complete to USGA specifications. Additionally, the scope of the project captured the rebuild of the driving range and Short game areas, as well as PGA restoration sites and extensive drainage on the course. Future plans in the winter of 2020-21 is the preparation, design and construction of a new state-of-the-art Grounds Maintenance facility.