BraeBurn Country Club, Houston Texas, is seeking a highly qualified Director of Agronomy candidate. BraeBurn was founded in 1931 and designed by John Bredemus. In 1992 a major renovation was completed by Carlton Gipson. In 2021 BraeBurn will undergo further renovation by the Tripp Davis Architect Firm.
During 2021 construction this candidate will work in cooperation with Mr. Terry Gill, BraeBurn Golf Course Superintendent for the past 21 years. Mr. Gill will be transitioning into retirement and this candidate will assume Mr. Gill’s role once he’s retired. The renovation will include a new irrigation system, full surface and subsurface drainage, shaping and design enhancements, new bunkers with crushed quartz sand and a full resurfacing of turf. the Club is planning for Northbridge Bermuda tees, fairways and roughs with Mini-Verde, or TifEagle greens;
The position will initially be working alongside Mr. Gill during construction, grow-in phases and reopening of the course in late 2021;
The position will offer input, feedback and advise in cooperation Terry Gill for Turf Management programming, operational and the 2021 and 2022 Capital Equipment budgets;
Manage and maintain club properties including golf course, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, open spaces and the equipment used to maintain these areas;
Responsible for the development and implementation of all golf course maintenance programs, budgets, and personnel decisions;
Benefits include health and life insurance, paid vacation days pursuant to the Club Employee Manual, meals; and
Salary commensurate with experience.
All cover letters, resumes and reference lists must be submitted by August 25th, 2020. We would like a sampler of your Turf Maintenance Program in addition. These may be submitted to Dan Olson, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the attention of Dan Olson at BraeBurn Country Club, 8101 Bissonnet, Houston TX 77074. All submittals and materials will be held in strict confidence. No references will be contacted until a candidate has been notified.
· Southern turf grass experience and expertise;
· Valid, state of residence, issued driver’s license;
· State issued spray tech certificate from State of employment;
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening prior to any final consideration;
· Agronomic Degree or 5 years’ experience as Head Golf Course Superintendent or First Assistant Golf Course Superintendent; and
· Budgeting experience, Turf Management programming experience, irrigation programming and controls experience, outstanding leadership and communication skills.
Additional Salary Information: Generous health and life insurance benefits. PTO in alignment with Club Employee manual